t w e n t y t w o

"my lips." jennie blurted out, clearly shocked by what she'd just said herself.

without much thought, lisa leaned forward, smashing her plump lips against jennie's kissable ones.

"i don't mind shutting my mouth up now if it means i get your lips." lisa mumbled, before clearing her throat and shifting around uncomfortably in jennie's bed.

the room fell silent.

none of them knew how to break the awkwardness between them, because they were busy reminiscing about the millisecond kiss, and how their lips tasted.

"shit pretend that never happened, i should go home now." lisa coughed and hopped out of jennie's bed. she was too embarrassed to stay in there.

"yeah it's getting late."

they made their way to the doorstep in complete silence.

"what about your clothes?" lisa spoke up, bringing the sleeve of the sweater close to her face, "i like how they smell."

"you can return them to me tomorrow, unless you want to wear your fucking soaked clothes home." jennie rolled her eyes and flashed lisa a gummy smile, in which the latter giggled and shook her head in reply.

"i'll wash them well." lisa waved as she stepped out of the door and walked home.

once she'd made sure she was completely out of jennie's sight, she squatted down on the roadside, staring into blank space.

"lalisa manoban what the fuck did you just do." lisa mentally cursed, giving her forehead a good slap before standing up and dragging her feet along the pavement.

at least i have her clothes for today. she hugged herself and hurriedly skipped home.

,,,

the next day, jennie and lisa acted as if nothing ever happened the day before, and everything went as per usual.

"jen." lisa called out, handing over the clean and neatly-folded sweater and shorts to the shorter girl.

"thanks for taking care of me yesterday. i forgot to thank you before leaving your house so," lisa hung her head in embarrassment and rubbed her nape.

jennie looked at the shy girl in front of her and couldn't hold back her cheeky grin. she pulled lisa into a hug and gave her a pat on the back, which uncontrollably turned into a huge, loud smack, earning her a shriek from lisa.

"yah!"

"i'm sorry," jennie laughed. "you know i can't control the strength in my hands when i hit people ;)"

"ooh you kinky."

the conversation was interrupted by jisoo, who tapped jennie on the shoulder and whispered a "thanks" in her ears, loud enough for lisa to hear, and soon enough, lisa's smile fell from her face.

she glared at jisoo who was now clinging onto chaeyoung's arm and giggling with each other.

she started to overthink, about what jennie and jisoo did while hanging out yesterday, about what kind of bonds they forged during the few hours, about how they interacted every second of the day.

lisa thought and thought, now convinced that they were in love, secretly dating behind everyone's backs.

lisa was angry.

angry at herself.

no, she was furious.

how could she raise her hopes up so high just from the previous day? she shouldn't be deceiving herself like this.

crestfallen, she turned away from jennie and trudged back to her seat.

lisa felt a warm arm slide across her back, and she turned around to find jennie resting her chin on her soulders.

"yes bitch?" lisa snapped herself out of her thoughts and smiled. she always smiled in front of jennie, there was never a day where her best friend saw a sad lisa.

"can you go out for lunch with me this afternoon? i'm hungry."

lisa shivered, she could feel jennie's lips brushing against the bare skin on her shoulders with each word she spoke.

she looked into jennie's eyes, a wide grin spread across her face as she nodded in agreement.

{ my heart shouldn't be beating so fast when my eyes catch those beautiful brown orbs of hers,

my heart shouldn't be jumping out of my chest when she leans on my shoulder,

my heart shouldn't be so worried when she decides to not eat the whole day,

my heart shouldn't melt when she smiles,

my heart... shouldn't fall in love with someone who will never feel the same way for me. }

;

[ a/n: kinda bad chapter I APOLOGISE 😩 but some fluffy jenlisa shit about to happen mhm ]