She thought that if these people abducted her, they surely wanted to obtain something. She sought to discover what the real motive was, but instead, she saw the worried face of her mother when she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, she recalled what happened that night she came back from the field. The wounded man, his friend, her parents and... nothing. She didn't have a memory of the happenings that took place later on.

The train of thoughts was interrupted when the man pat her head. He walked and came to a halt in front of her.

"You poor little girl. I bet you're exerting the greatest amount of effort just to remember what happened two days ago." What he spilled was followed by a hostile, grating and malefic laugh.

Her face contorted in rage as she heard the man's displeasing laugh. She wanted to ask. She had a thousand of questions running in her head yet she couldn't even voice out one of them.

Though one question was embedded in her mind: How was it even possible that she remained unconscious for two days?

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you," he paused and it made her look at him with a softened expression.

He cackled. She thought that he was making her his laughing stock but she was proven wrong afterwards. The man took a chair, positioned it in front of her and sat down comfortably with his legs crossed.

How she despised him. If ever she was given the chance, she wouldn't waste a second and strangle him to death.

"As you may already know, I presume, your loving father offered you, his very own daughter, as a payment for his countless arrears," he paused when he saw her questioning face.

"Oh well, I'll try to make this easy for you. The term arrears means money that is owed and should have been paid earlier. I guess that explains why you're here. So, in short, you're going to become my concubine to pay for your father's debts," he said calmly, as if he was delivering her some good news.

A suffocating fury boiled up her chest. She had difficulty breathing after what the man declared. That was the last thing she wanted him to say. Never in her whole life she dreamt of becoming a kept woman.

Her chin trembled and she looked down as a flood of tears raced down her ashen cheeks. A great tremor stuck her. Uncontrollable sobs tore her chest, her body shivering in fright.

She would trade her soul to the devil just to escape from that wicked place. From the very moment her father started his vicious lifestyle, she never stopped considering that he would sell her one day in order to continue gambling.

"Beautiful! Look, wifey. She's crying!" he exclaimed. He appeared very excited and joyous. Her jaws clenched with fury and she started to let out an incessant wail.

"Yes, honey. I can see that," the woman replied with a smile, showing no concern for the miserable noises she was making.

She wanted to hit her head against something hard when she realized that the two deranged people were actually a couple.

The man ceased laughing and she was silenced by the sound of an engine of a car being switched off.

To her surprise, he briskly stood up and fixed his tie properly, wearing a serious expression.

Anastasha was so drained. Her brain, her body and her heart were all damaged. She just wished for a miracle to happen. Her strong desire to flee dwelled in her inner being. However, she didn't know how to execute her plan.

"Buongiornissimo, amico!" the masked man exaggeratedly greeted in an intolerable and unpleasant Italian accent.

His enthusiasm, though, was smashed by the newly arrived person by telling him something offensive, "Shut up. Your accent is dreadful."

When Anastasha heard that voice, her heart lit up with relief and delight. She immediately tilted her head upward to meet his gaze.

She was right. How could she forget that rough voice who haunted her even in her dreams?

Surprise, then disbelief, crossed his eyes. He remained in his position in a stiffening poatire. His mouth gaped open and as he read the situation, his eyes bulged in anger. An anger that quickly disappeared before she could
completely notice it.

On the other hand, Anastasha believed that the heavens heard her prayers and decided to grant it in the embodiment of the man she managed to save two days ago.

Wilder.