Twenty-Five

"Through the dark streets they go searching, to seek God in their own way, save the nighttime for your weeping..." I sang with Tyler.
"We should do a duo tonight! Like, if we practise enough, we could do this song before Trees!" Tyler said excitedly.
"What? Cemeteries of London by Coldplay?" I said, surprised. He nodded furiously.
"You could sing because your obviously good at it, and I could play my piano, Josh could do the beat. It's perfect!"
"Only if we practice more." I exclaim. He nods and rushes to his piano.

Josh gives us four beats telling us to start.
"At night they would go walking 'til the breaking of day, the morning is for sleeping... through the dark streets they go searching to seek God in their own way, save the nighttime for your weeping... your weeping... singing la la lala lala la le...
And the night over London rang.
So we rode down to the river where the toiling ghosts strain, for their curses to be broken... there are ghost towns in the ocean, the ocean... singing la lala lala la le... and the night over London rang. God is in the houses and God is in my head... and all the cemeteries in London... I see God come in my garden, but I don't know what he said, for my heart, it wasn't open... not open... singing la lala lala la le... and the night over London rang. Singing la lala lala la le... there's no light over London today." I concluded the song as Tyler finishes it off. He started jumping around like a little kid, up and down excitedly.
"That was so good! Who knows? Coldplay might want us to do a collaboration!" He said excitedly. I chuckled at his response.
"Sure. Keep dreaming dude."
"It's A POSSIBILITY!" He laughed loudly.
"Okay!" I agreed.

- time skip -

Everyone went to go get lunch in a café somewhere north of Texas. It was hot, so I didn't wear much. Just a singlet and my denim shorts with a flannel shirt around my waist with slip on's. Nothing much, but I was still boiling like pasta when it's ready.
"I'll have the egg benidict with a lemon lime and bitters please." I ask the waitress. Her name tag stated her name was Emma. She jotted my order down onto the notebook, and asked everyone else. To my surprise, Tyler ordered the bacon benidict with a red bull. Jenna ordered a bowl of curly fries and a caramel milkshake and Josh ordered a steak burger with a long black coffee.

"So I heard you were preforming with Tyler and Josh tonight?" Jenna says happily.
"I guess so. Tyler made me agree to it." I explain.
"Hey! It's not my fault you sing like some holy angel or something!" He laughs.
"If you are trying to swap girlfriends than don't you try it!" Josh says sarcastically. Everyone laughs at the comment. Our food was put in front of us, and Jenna got out her cellphone.
"Everyone! Say Texas!" She says.
"Texas!" We all say before she snaps a photo.
"Oh my gosh (y/n)! Why are you so cute in this pic?" Jenna asks showing me. To be honest, I was just smiling holding my lemon lime and bitters.

"We need to take one with our drinks!" Jenna exclaims.
"Look babe, we are here to eat not to take aesthetic photos." Tyler chuckles.
"Just three more! One of everyone's drinks in the center, one with me and (y/n) being sassy and one with me and (y/n) being the babes we are. Okay hun? I love you!" Jenna laughs patting her husband's head. Tyler just rolls his eyes and let's Jenna be Jenna. We take the pictures she wanted and I quite liked the sassy one of me and her.
"Can you airdrop me the sassy picture?" I asked.
"Yeah sure!" She says happily.

- time skip -

The practise time was soon on, and we were performing in the indoor arena in Boston, Texas. Tyler gave me a microphone and it tells me to do a test.
"One two three four, One two three four." I said into the microphone, the sound vibrating my lips somehow.
"Okay (y/n)'s microphone is good. We will begin practise. From the top boys!" Mark yelled and the boys preformed the set. In holding on to you, I had to go on and dance like the ballerina in the music video. Last time I did that I was sick from an overdose. Now I know that if I do that I will die so yeah. I was going to do the 'lean with it rock with it' bit with Tyler too now. Sort of like a double act. Mark suggested it just so I can get used to the crowd before the show.

I gratefully took his offer, and before we knew it, we had to get ready for the show. It was starting in three quarters of an hour and the boys had to have showers, their suits ironed and adjusted, their makeup done (although they only needed a little bit of eyeshadow and body paint) and i needed to get my makeup and stylist up in here too.

Eventually the concert started, with Fairly Local/Heavydirtysoul and only 10 more songs 'til I'm on with Tyler. When I was younger, I used to do professional hip hop, and when I was around five, as something new, I did ballet until I was 16. Before I knew it, I was doing it 8 years later for a worldwide famous band. Cool.

"Hi (y/n), I am your makeup and hair stylist tonight. My name is Layla and since Star isn't here I will be her substitute. She gave me a few images from the last time you were onstage so I can get a fair idea of the makeup and hair." Layla explained. I nodded.
"And your performing with Tyler after holding on to you right?"
"During Holding On To You and before Trees now. Mark just told me to dance so here I am."
Layla nods. "I will start with your hair. Now, it is a tight high bun, so it will hurt for a little bit, is that okay?" She asks. I nod, and she smiles.
"I will begin."

~

Layla finishes touching up my makeup, and hands me my dress and shoes.
"Go get dressed, try and be quick because they're starting Fake You Out now." She explains. I wrap my fingers around the coat hanger and go into the boys' dressing room. I see Jenna sitting on the couch, sleeping so I tried to be quiet. But alas, Jenna woke up and screamed because she saw a skeleton ballerina in her dressing room. That was fun.

Before I know it...

It's time to head on stage.