Six

I finished my pizza, Josh finished his spaghetti, as the star-full sky completed our night. He puts a rose and in my high bun, the red bringing out my (h/c) hair.

"You are stunning." He says as he looks at me. It makes my grin go up touching my ears. I felt my cheeks go warm and instantly shake my head slightly.

We reach the counter, not noticing his hand was in mine. The waiter at the reception had our sheet of paper with our menu orders and he eventually says the price.

"Three hundred and eighteen dollars please sir." This left me gaping, as I saw him get out three one hundred dollar bills and one twenty dollar bill.

The man gives Josh a two dollar coin, and the Italian man gave Josh a bro hug.
"See ya bro."
"Yes see you." He said in his strong Italian accent, and he got my hand and planted a slight kiss on top.
"Have a lovely night ma'am." He said before we walked out of the resturant and got into the car.

"Thank you so much Josh."
"When I promise something I will do it. Thank you for coming."
"It's no trouble, I bet one hundred of that was for the Gewertztramminer."
"Probably, but it was a very nice New Zealand wine. I liked it." He said putting his key behind the steering wheel as I heard the engine pur.

"Plossibly..." He said while he slapped his knee. I laughed as he put his foot on the excellerator.
"And I'm actually happy that I got to wear this suit! Last time I wore it it was for Tyler's wedding."
"Really?"
"Yep!" He said guiltily.

We reached my house, I hugged Josh as I got out of the car, and closed the door. I saw him drive off, and a few toots of the horn. I smiled again, as I unlocked the door. The smell of my scented candle I lit before I left welcomed me inside as I went to my room to change.

I decided to get into my pyjama pants and a singlet, ready for bed but not going there anytime soon. I get out my phone, bringing up a text from Kate.

K: Hey my shift ends in 20. Want me to come over with a movie and some ice cream? If so, what flavour? ;)

I reply with:

You: You read my mind! Could you bring over some cookies and cream ice cream pleze? And don't bring over a movie, I lately just got Netflix :)

K: okay cool. Will be there in 10.

And as I was about to send a winky face, Josh texts me with a meme. I sigh, and open his text.

J: I think you are blue :)

It made me grin as I send him a message back.

You: I think you're blue too :)
J: :)》 (a double chin... I'm bad at emojis)

I laugh as I hear a knock at the door and I immediately go and open it, revealing Kate in her work uniform, holding two bags, including one bag with a tub of ice cream and a value pack of double chocolate chip cookies and one bag with some clothes inside.

"Come on in Kate." I say as she rushes inside and goes immediately to the bathroom to get changed. She gives me the bag of goodness and I set up the 'Movie night'.

She comes out with a lace singlet and pink valour pants on.
"What's with the rose?" She says.
"Oh it's from-"
"And HOW DID YOU GET A DATE FROM JOSHUA WILLIAM DUN?!" She screams excitedly.

"It's a long long story."
"Well let's turn this movie night into a story telling one." She says as we wrap ourselves in the white blankets so we're like kebabs and we sit on the couch.
"We're couch potatoes!" Kate says excitedly.

Three hours later...

"So yeah. Next question?" I say.
"WOW. That really was a long story." Kate says after a while. I laugh slightly, as I saw Kate open the ice cream. My phone started buzzing.

"Answer it!" Kate says.
"It's a Facetime request from Jish!"
"ANSWER IT!" Kate yells.
I press the green button and I see Josh in his suit.

"You haven't changed yet?" I say.
"I have not moved from this couch since I got home." He laughs.
"Hello Jish!" Kate says in the background as I place my phone on the coffee table in front of the cookies.

"Oh that's... Kate am I right?" Josh says.
"Yeah that's right!" Kate says excitedly.
"Why are you two burritos now?" He says surprised.
"Correction, we are kebabs." I say. Josh just laughs as I see him reach for something.

"Don't reach for the chips." I say. He immediately puts his hand back.
"Dude you just had spaghetti!" I said.
"And you two are still burritos."
"KEBABS! WE ARE KEBABS!" I say as I get handed a spoon.

I dig my spoon into the ice cream, and Josh is just gaping at me and Kate and we are laughing as I see Josh grab three chips.

"If you eat ice cream I get chips." He says. I sigh.
"Fine." I say.
"Cool." He sighs.
"Get changed and call me again." I say.
"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. Fine." He says before hanging up. Me and Kate just start laughing our butts off as our mouths were filled with ice cream.

We turn on a movie, we ended up watching The Girl On A Train. It was a really good movie, and Josh was watching with us via FaceTime.

The credits rolled up, as we said goodnight to Josh. We unravelled our couch kebabs and finished the ice cream as Kate left, leaving me the only one awake. I did the dishes, and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened the door revealing my made bed and tidy shelves, and my teddies.

I opened the warm bed, placed my cold feet into the soft bedsheets, placed my head onto my plush pillow and fell into slumber.

~
A/N: thank you for reading chapter six! How are you enjoying my book?
If you are enjoying it, vote! And share with others! That would be awesome!

Jules

:)