Nine

I had the best sleep I had in a long time last night, mostly because I was excited for today. I get to go see Josh and Tyler practise for their new album, I mean, that's exclusive! I woke up pretty early though, 8am. Today is a Thursday, and tomorrow is my mum's funeral. But today is all about Josh and Tyler. I do not want to ruin it for them.

I groan, grabbing my burger pillow next to me on my queen sized bed, and shoved it on my face. Why do I have to wake up so early? I guess I'm still used to waking up now for my shift at Hot Topic and Topshop. But I need to get used to waking up at nine. I really do.

I end up getting my limbs to get myself out of bed after a while, as I get the last white towel from the cupboard in the bathroom. I sigh, today will have to be laundry day. I put it on the rack, strip my clothes and step inside the shower, letting the hot water drain down my back yet again. I wash myself, with my special liquid moisturising soap, soak off before I step onto the white bathmat.

I wrap my fluffy white towel around me, walk to my bedroom and get dressed into my new alien shirt and my ice blue denim skirt with stockings and peacock blue high tops (converse). I brush my damp hair with a comb and tie it into a messy high bun. As I was applying my foundation and concealer to my scar-ridden face, I get a vibration from my iPhone next to my tube of BB cream.

Josh: practise is at 12. When do u want to be picked up?
You: whenever. I'm getting ready now, it's 10 so in an hour?
Josh: sure. We can get Starbucks on the way :)

I smile as he just read my mind and we weren't even in the same room! He's a PSYCIC! I finish applying my eyeliner and mascara and go down stairs to make myself some breakfast. I was almost running down the stairs since I was very very hungry, only having a carrot for dinner.

Waffle Crisp or Bacon and Eggs? Waffle Crisp or Bacon and Eggs? I think. I end up choosing waffle Crisp because why not? I grab the packet from the cupboard of cereals, the only one I like in there is the one in my hand to be honest, the rest was my mums, that I should really try because it looked good. I will try it for brunch.

I pour my waffle crisp into a bowl, then the milk, and then the spoon. I sigh as I get the bowl and go to my room, climbing the swirling staircase once more. I sit on my bed, putting my cereal next to me and going on my MacBook, to find my programme on my tabs, (y/f/programme). I sit back, put my computer on my lap, get my waffle crisp and watch my programme while having my breakfast.

One hour later...

The credits rolled for my fifth episode of (y/f/programme) and I place my computer screen onto my keyboard, closing it. I sigh, as I realise that I need to prepare for going out! Shoot! I go brush my teeth, brush and tie my hair back one more time and put on some lip gloss, as I hear a knock at the door. I grab my purse and get the door.

"Let's go." Josh says, as I walk out the door, lock it and walk with him to the car. He looked worried.
"What's up?" I say before Josh turns the key.
"My parents want to have a dinner with Tyler's family, my family and they want you to come!" He says worriedly. I gaped. This was definitely a first.
"I told them about you. They want to meet you." He says as he looks at my circle gaping face.

"I... that's... um..." I say worried, "are you sure you want me to go?" I ask.
"I think you would like meeting my sisters and brothers, and Tyler's too. And my parents, I think they would love you." He says.
"Okay then. When is this dinner held?" I say. I heard Josh take a sigh of relief before he replies.
"Sunday. After church, and afternoon tea with my parents. Tyler's family will go seperate ways after church, so we will meet up with my brothers and sisters at dinner along with Tyler's fam. So for afternoon tea we will go to Starbucks and my parents will get to know you." Josh explains.

"Sounds good. I'm actually excited to meet you & Tyler's sisters!" I say. Josh smiles. I'm glad that he is happy with my answer.

Josh's POV

She said yes! My mum and her ideas, I tell you! I just said my family and Tyler's, not to freak her out that it was Jenna's family coming too. And when I mean family, I mean aunts and uncles, grandparents and cousins. I'm sure everyone would like to meet her though.

Tomorrow is her mum's funeral, so she would want me to go with her.
"Would you like me to go with you tomorrow?" I asked. She just looks down at her lap, and sighs.
"It would mean a lot." (y/n) says quietly.
"I see you're wearing my shirt, is it good?" I say, only noticing now.
"Yeah, I am! I love it, it's my next favourite item of clothing!" She says. That made me feel warm and happy inside, like my stomach had entered a nice hot sauna.

We arrive at Tyler's place, and enter through the door. There I saw Jenna, and a whole bunch of cardboard boxes.
"What's with all the boxes?" I heard (y/n) say.
"This is our new house, Tyler is downstairs with his piano and drum kit. He insisted on his ukulele so I had to let him open another unorganised box" Jenna sighs. I let out a slight laugh, and Jenna looks at me with her killing glare, so I step back, my hands up in front of me. Jenna ends up laughing though. We are all good.

We go down the carpeted stairs, seeing photo frames on the walls, of Tyler and Jenna's wedding, some of their concerts and pictures of him and his wife, with their siblings. I loved those pictures. And then I saw a picture of me and him, smiling while trying to take a nice picture. I laughed.

We reach the bottom of the stairs, seeing Tyler finishing his piano solo, and I immediately walk toward the drums. I see (y/n) reach for the ukulele and resist, and she walks to another set of drums and gets the drumsticks in her hands. She rolls up her sleeves and clicks the drumsticks in her hands and plays a drum solo. I suddenly realise I'm gaping and immediately close my mouth and play my drums to her beat.

She starts only playing one drum, and that's my turn to play my drum solo. I go as fast as I can, my wrists stinging, and I play one drum, as (y/n) plays faster, and longer, and beats me. (y/n) bet me in a drum solo. I look around and see Tyler, Jenna and... Zach?!

"Hello, just heard two drum solos so I came down." Zach said. I saw (y/n) look confused, and Tyler spoke:
"(y/n), this is my brother Zach. Zach, (y/n)" Tyler said as Zach went to her set and shook her sweaty hand.
"Nice to meet you Zach," I head her say.
"I'm just hear to help my brother unpack into their new home, no trouble." Zach says. I hear Jenna start clapping, and I go from my drum kit to clap with Jenna. I see (y/n) go a beet red, and start smiling. We still need to finish band practise.

~

A/N: hello! This relationship is growing by the minute with you and Josh! I can feel a connection... soz I'm being creepy. I'm so happy rn my aunt had twin boys! They need a name though will keep you updated ;)

Vote and Share plz!

Jules

:)