Fifteen

A/N: I am so sorry for the late update, I have deleted and re-written this chapter hundreds of times just because I felt like it took the wrong way, so here is the finished product... sorry if this isn't as good as you were expecting :) this is your POV

More people start to arrive to the venue, and the booklets on the table are lowering in numbers. I don't know how many people Ben invited, probably over 100. Yeah, definitely over 100. All my aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, grandparents, cousins, fiancées, husbands, wives, and a whole bunch of good friends and family from my mum's side came for this day; the celebration of my mum's life. Lots of compliments were given, and lots of questions were asked, and one of my cousins told Josh that she was a massive fan, and that I was 'a good choice'. I mean, she's thirteen, and I'm twenty four... yep, a definite age gap.

I see lots of people in the crowd, all humming and wearing black. It was kinda depressing that there is no colour except Josh's yellow hair. My arm was linked around his, but I still don't think that we are 'official'. I think we should just stay friends for a little bit longer before a relationship. I've only known him for a month, if not less. But we are good friends, that's for sure.

"(y/n)!" Willow says, as she holds a gold bell in her hand. "The ceremony is starting!"

~

Murmurs were rustling in the halls of the church, with high ceilings and black silk fabric draping off the roof. The scent of flowers and tears was clouding the space and I hear Ben say a few words.
"I would like to thank everyone here for taking your time to come to (y/m/n) special day. It is very tragic what happened to my mum-our mum. I would like my siblings and their boyfriend & fiancée to come up with them please." Ben asked. With that, me and Josh, Willow and Derek all stand up and stand behind the coffin which held a stiff lifeless body.
"Mum, well, there is no words to describe her. She was and forever will be, a giving, loving, helpful and hopeful person. I remember a story of what happened when I was younger, I was learning how to ride my first bike, Ben was down the bottom of the field, Willow was crawling on the grass, my little stubby legs would've stuck to the pedals for dear life, and my mum would've pushed me for hours in the park, it was one of my favourite memories. And I'm sure everyone in this room would've made memories with my mum as well. Welcome to (y/m/full name) life celebration." I say, as Josh put his arm around my waist.

"I remember one of the times with mum when I scraped my knee when I was learning to walk, she would've put a band-aid on it and kissed it better, and we would've went home and ate some ice cream while Ben and (y/n) were at school... we were such rebels!" Willow explained, and people laughed. "Like (y/n) said, we have all had our memories with her, and I'm sure you will keep them dear in your hearts." She concluded.
"Okay, Willow, you have some explaining to do." Ben said seriously with his arms on his hips jokingly. The audience laughed again, and Ben continued.
"Mum... oh boy, where do I start? She was just all-round fantastic. I remember when I turned 12, (y/n) was 8 and Willow was 7, we would've put them to bed, and watched Doctor Who for hours, while eating our favourite chocolate and talking about how we think the enemies were going to evolve, I came up with Daleks turning into plastic humans for disguise at one point. But yeah, that's just one of hundreds of memories I have of her. Now I don't know if Josh or Derek have any memories they would like to share, but Josh, would you like to say a memory before we go on to the lovely people in their seats?" Ben asked and Josh nodded.

"I have this memory that I have never forgotten, it was last year, winter so it was snowing, I saw her in Hot Topic, buying some of my band's merchandise. I went in and introduced myself, and she and I talked for a while. I asked who the merchandise was for, and she said it was for her daughter, (y/n), who is standing next to me now. We talked some more, just about my band, and how much of a fan they were, and I eventually said, do you wanna meet up on Tuesday? I would love to talk to you again. And she of course said yes. We have been friends ever since, and it is so very sad to let her go. May she rest in peace." Josh concluded, and the audience repeated.

The audience said their stories, and we said a quick prayer before getting onto the first song, which was Truce. I handed out sheets of lyrics, so that they could sing along. Tyler started, and Josh had is soft drumsticks in hand for background sound. The soft piano keys made a beautiful melody, and everyone in the church sung in a beautiful manner, as the song concluded. Suddenly, another song started playing from their platform, and it started with the words 'Turn Away". It was Cancer. Tyler started to sing, and one by one, the audience started to sing along in a beautiful harmony.
"Cause my lips are chapped and faded, faded." Concluded the song, and I see crying people all around me. This was truely beautiful.

"There is a quote I love with all my heart, and it is 'difficult roads can lead to beautiful places'. (Y/m/n) went through breast cancer, and I am guessing that's why they performed that song, which was a complete surprise." I explain

Ben finished the funeral with a final prayer, and the ceremony concluded. The men of the family went to the burying, as I stood in the church hallway, cannot believing that I did it.