Twenty-Three

A/N: hello frens. I've come back from Melbourne, AU and I must say... it was really cool! Compared to New Zealand it's awesome! I went on a giant Ferris wheel called the Melbourne Star and that was pretty cool. How are your holidays going?

Your POV

Our family used to be a happy one. My mother and father would push me on the merry-go-round and hop on the seesaw with me. Slide down the slide, and would love me to pieces. My father. He had dark brown hair, light brown skin and an arm full with ink tattoos.

I remember giving him one once. He told me to go out of this world with ideas. The tattoo artist watched over me as I injected ink into my dad's forearm. I saw him wince, as I pressed down a little too hard, and I saw him laugh when it was all done. Since then he's gotten a tattoo for each year he had me with him. He sent letters to me, after he left. I was four at the time, but the blazing red and blue lights in the midnight sky made it feel like yesterday. My mother brought me into her arms, gave me her earphones to listen to music instead of the crashing of plates and smashing of glass. No matter how much I turned up the volume, my dad's screams echoed through the blazing music. Then it all went silent. Well, until a door slammed so loud it sounded like titanium.

"Mummy, where is daddy going?" I remember asking.
"To a place where all the bad guys go, like in your cartoons."
"But daddy isn't a bad guy."
"He is now. If he sends you anything, give it to me so I can burn it in the fireplace. He is dangerous, (y/n)." Mum replied, "I just want you to be safe, okay aroha?"
"Okay mummy." Was the last thing I said before falling asleep in my mother's arms. I remember it so clearly. It felt like it was yesterday. It was really strange having him gone. But I soon got used to it, like I have to do. Like in my cartoons.

- time skip to the last week of the Emotional Roadshow -

"You excited to go to your hometown, aroha?" Josh asked.
"Why wouldn't I be? I'm visiting New Zealand for the first time since I was 4! I've been waiting for this almost my entire life!" I squealed, as I hugged my boyfriend. I wheeled my suitcase off the moving platform, and rolled it next to me as Josh got his. We have been together for almost two years now. I remember the first time we ever hanged out, the first selfie we took, and the first kiss we made. The fact that we have had a few fights and we've still loved each other felt amazing. We walked into the airport lobby, and sat down in the seats next to the Lint chocolate store. I bring out my phone, and tapped on the photo icon. I see the picture me and Josh took when we were in Paris, the photo of us on Halloween, and the picture of the whole crew standing in front of the Buckingham palace pulling faces and poses. It made me warm up inside, almost like my stomach was melting. I felt a warm arm drape over my shoulder, and warm lips kiss my cheek.

"Can you believe it? We are finally here." Josh whispers in my ear.
"I actually can't believe it. My boyfriend is this crazy drummer from a Grammy award winning band!" I exclaim. He chuckles. I jolt for a second as I feel two fingers tap my shoulder.
"Are you (y/f/n)?" A familiar voice asked.
"I sure am!" I say before turning around. I wish I kept my eyes glued to the pictures on my phone. I wish I kept my eyes closed. I wish I never turned around.
"Hello sweetie. You miss me?" The man said, before sitting next to me. The man that didn't contact me for most of my life. The man that I didn't get to celebrate anything with. The man that let me down was sitting next to me.
"So nice to see you. Dad." I say through my gritted teeth. "Aren't you meant to be in a prison or something?"

"I left that place ages ago!" He said before pushing Josh's arm off my shoulder and replacing it with his. I turned to see Josh. His eyes were full with fury, but he crossed his arms and ignored the matter.
"Why was there a strangers arm on your shoulder when you could have mine?" He said.
"That stranger has been my boyfriend for two years. And I would rather have his arm on my shoulder that yours. If you mind, we have somewhere to be." I say, trying not to say what was rushing through my brain.
"Wait!" He said, pulling at my skirt, causing it to tear.
"What the hell!" I scream.
"It's just a skirt, (y/n)! Pull your head in! I'm your dad! Don't you want to see me?"
"Says the person who put me in hospital 12 times. Leave." I yell at him. His eyes were full with sadness and anger.
"I bailed out of jail just to see my brat of a daughter who doesn't even want anything to do with me! What is your deal?" He yelled back.
"You know what the deal is? YOU RUINING EVERYTHING I HAVE. Now, I will only ask once more nicely. If you don't listen, things won't get pretty." I say through my gritted teeth, which were starting to hurt now. "Leave. Me. Alone."

He stared at me, like he didn't understand what I said. Like he was from a foreign country or something.
"Why aren't you listening to me?" I yelled.
"Because you're my daughter. I don't have to listen to you." He remarked. That was it. I got my fist, and punched his rough cheek. Three times.
"Wanna try me more?" I ask. He looked at me, horrified.
"That's what I thought." Leave me alone." I say, before walking off. Well, tried to anyway. He stood up, and ripped the rest of my skirt, causing it to fall to my feet. Josh looked at me, mortified about what the stranger did to me. He took off his shirt to cover up the ruins of my silk skirt, and stepped in front of my somewhat dad. He didn't say anything.

"So, what are you going to do? Slap me like a childhood playground fight, huh?" The stranger tested.
"Stop covering up your weak ass and try me." Josh said. He was nervous, I could tell, but he was more angry.
"Woah! Slow down there skipper!" He laughs before Josh throws a punch at his stomach and a kick in the balls before I pull him back before anything else happens.
"It isn't worth it." I whisper, before I backhand his left cheek and walk off. 

A/N: sorry for cringy filler. The s*** will get better, I just haven't updated for a while.