Percy

I scream and swear at Clarisse, while fighting back tears. Annabeth fought for me. My crush died. For me

Clarisse finally leaves. As soon as she closes the door, I fall to my knees next to Annabeth. I put her head in my hands and I start to cry. Sobbing.

I gain control of myself. Pull it together, Jackson! I wrap her cuts slowly and I pick her up in my arms, bridal style.

People watch as I walk out of the arena with the dead girl in my arms. A lot gasp, a few mutter things, and I see a small pack of people wailing.

Today is visiting day. I remember. Mom will be here. Mr. Chase will be here.

I slowly trudge back to my dorm and place her down on my extra bed. she lays motionless.

I cry at the foot of my bed. She's gone. I will never get to tell her.

I walk down.to the mess hall in silence. I don't eat much. I finish my blue cherry coke when Thalia comes over.

she wraps her arm around me. "I know you liked her." she says. I start crying. "I like her. Present tense." I say through clenched teeth.

she hugs me tighter. Now people can barely see me, which is good. "she liked you, Percy. She loved you. her owl is named Perseus!"

i look at her,.shocked. "She did?" Thalia smiles as tears stream down her face. "Present tense, Percy." I break down.

I start screaming and wailing and sobbing and slamming the table. "It should have been me!" I scream.

I look over at the Ares table. I spot Clarisse and stomp over.

I stab my finger into her arm. "You witch!" Chiron and my mom and Thalia seperate us and pull me to my dorm.

She's gone. I remind myself. for good

---

sorry for the feels!