Chapter Nineteen

Louis was running around his house stripping of his clothes switching outfits trying to find something perfect to wear. He called the zoo and had them close it for a few hours so he could walk around with Zayn and the boys in peace for a while and enjoy everything. Louis wanted something that would make Zayn notice him but also something practical so he wouldn't call him a twat. 

Louis had just zipped up a pair of jean shorts and was rummaging through his drawers for a shirt when his phone went off and it only took him a second to recognize that horrid ringtone. Modest!

"What?" He snapped, sure they were going to fine some way to ruin his day with Zayn and their kids.

"Ah, Mr. Tomlinson, this is Barbara and I was just calling to inform you that instead of the tour rehearsals being located here in London we've decided to hold them in Columbia. We've already notified the others and it's all set. No friends, family or significant others, this time is purely for rehearsal this tour is a big deal and we need to make sure it is quite literally perfect." She spoke in a tone so smug it was making Louis' body heat rise. 

"When do-"

"You leave tomorrow at 11am Mr. Tomlison. Enjoy your day at the Zoo, we've heard you rented it out for a few hours. I hope the press don't find out." and before he could respond she hung up the phone with a final click.

He contemplated calling and telling him right away but he knew that it'd weigh on Zayn all day and Louis didn't want that. He wanted Zayn and the boys to enjoy the day. Their last day most likely until One Direction comes back to the UK/Europe, in two months.

So that's why he's standing at the bottom of Zayn's stairs watching as Damian and Elijah slowly and carefully make their way down the stairs and into his open arms. 

"Hey loves, are you ready to go see some animals?" he grinned 

"Do we get to see the Lions?" Damian yelled as he pulled out of the hug and ran to the side to grab his black converse 

"We can see anything you want D. What about you Jah what do you wanna see?"

Elijah pulled his face buried in the side of Louis' hip back to look up at him "Can we see the sloths?" he mumbled shyly

"Out of all the animals you want to see sloths? Not the tigers or the bears but sloths?"

He nodded joining Damian putting on his shoes just as Zayn came around the corner with a backpack full of their things: juice, sunscreen, an extra shirt and a second pair of shoes in case the ones they were wearing started to hurt their feet.

"Are you making fun of my baby?" he cooed dropping to the floor to tie their shoes "Elijah likes sloths because they're nice right babe?"

He grinned and hugged Zayn tightly mumbling words Louis couldn't understand looking on as Zayn just nodded and continued getting the boys ready. Louis wanted to help but  he didn't know the routine, as soon as Zayn tied Damian's shoes he sent him to grab his jacket and Elijah walked up next then followed right after Damian to get his jacket as well then walked back to Zayn as he helped the boys in them and sent them back to Louis who was standing by the door awestruck. 

"You're like a machine." He mumbled to no one in particular but Zayn heard anyway.

"Four years of practice Lou, you'll catch on eventually." he smiled and kissed his cheek grabbing Damian's hand and heading out the door.

***

Everything was going well they had seen the lions and tigers, the monkeys and the sloths, making both boys very happy. Louis couldn't help but smile as he watched his sons grab at each other and point at the passing animals excitedly while he and Zayn walked behind them holding hands.