25

Also going to update for 15K reads! Thanks so much to everyone who as read!! (We're at 14.8K right now, it'll be published when we hit 15K)

Short A/N: So sorry guys, but I haven't yet watched 14x5 but I have heard it's sad and ~someone~ is leaving *tears* but I hope y'all will still read, and see what could have been. Again, thank you to everyone who has voted, commented, and read this story, it really means a lot. So enough of this authors note, let's get right into it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meredith's POV
Okay, so not that many people. I wish Lexie and Mark were here though. And surprisingly, I wish my mom was here.

"Hey Nathan?" I ask.
"Yeah?" He responds.
"Do we have to do a whole big wedding?" I ask.
"No, not if you don't want to. It's just that you didn't have one with Derek and I figured you'd want one." He says.
"Yeah, but I'm glad to not have one. Can we just have a big reception instead? We can ask Owen and Amelia to be witnesses at the courthouse then have a big party with a whole bunch of family and friends after." I say.
"What's this about Mer? Earlier you said you wanted a big white wedding."
"Yeah, but then I realized my mother wouldn't be here, not that she was for my first but I think she would approve of you more." I say.
"Where is she buried?" He asks.
"I- uh- Richars and I dumped her down the drain in the scrub room to OR 2." I mumble.
"Then we can get the judge to come to the scrub room and do it there." Nathan says.
"Really? Wouldn't that by far out of the way?" I ask.
"Yeah, but if that'll make you happy." Nathan says, walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me and kissing my forehead.
"Aw thanks babe. This really means a lot." I say. Nathan is the best. He agreed to have out freaking wedding in the scrub room to OR2 because that's there Richard and I poured her down the sink. This is quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me before. Maybe even better than Derek's elevator proposal. Oh, it's better.

*DAY OF WEDDING*
"Meredith, you ready?" Richard asks, as I take his arm. I'm wearing a ivory dress, and navy blue shoes, and I see Nathan in the scrub room, waiting for me. Richard is walking me in because in recent years, he has been the closest person I have to a dad.
"Yes. I just with my mom was here." I say.
"As do I, and she's here in spirit. She'd have been real proud of you, Meredith. Just as I'm very proud of you." Richard says.
"Don't make me cry, it'll mess up the makeup Amelia did." I say, wiping away a solitary tear.
"Alright. I can see Nathan makes you happier than Derek did, so I wish you all the best." Richard says.

And with that, he walks me in, and the ceremony starts.

*Skipping to vows*
"Meredith, since the first day I saw you, I have been mesmerised by you. You are strong, loving, an incredible mother, a brilliant surgeon. I have loved you from day one, and I don't think I could ever stop loving you." Nathan says.
"Nathan, I hated you at first. Or at least I tried, since I was trying to follow Cristina's orders and take care of Owen. But I watched you operate on a young girl who overdosed, and her heart stopped. I was amazed at how quickly and delicatly you were able to fix the problem. You're great with the kids, you are so dedicated to your patients, and I will love you forever." I say.

We exchange rings.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may ksis the bride." the judge says.

We kiss and everyone watching from the OR starts cheering and whistling.

We turn to them and wave. I see them parting and I see my favorite head of black curls walking to the glass.

"Well Mer, I'm real happy for you." Cristina says.
"Thanks Cris. I'm really happy." I say.
"Yeah, annoyingly so." She says and we both laugh.
"Cristina, you know Nathan, right?" I say.
"Yeah, or at least I've read things you've published." Nathan says.
"Thanks. You're also cardio?" Cris asks.
"Yeah. Are you here to stay or just visiting?" Nathan asks.
"Mer? Can I stay?" Cris asks.
"Of course. But Nathan took over your job as head of department." I say.
"That's okay. I'll work below him. Head of department had too much administrative stuff for my liking anyway." Cris laughs.

*That Night*
We all know what happens to celebrate their wedding and marriage.

A/N: Happy 15K Reads! I know I missed Grey's Day by a few hours but happy 300 episodes too! Shame that Nathan is gone, but alas, everyone is leaving (reference to something Meredith said a few seasons back). Anyway, I'm sorry this is short, I've been swamped with homework for classes but I have Thanksgiving holiday coming up so hopefully I can get some writing done then! Love y'all for reading! Xoxo Kalliegrey22