7

"So you're okay with everything?" I ask as we lay in bed after the lovely evening.
"I mean, yes, but I just wish you'd told me sooner. I understand that it was a shock. But how are Zola, Bailey and Ellis going to respond?" He says.
"Shoot. I didn't even think of that."  I say.
"We can tell them soon. Maybe in a few weeks. Why don't we take a family trip to Disney and tell them while we're there?" Nathan suggests.
"That's a good idea. I bet they'd have fun. I haven't been on a vacation with them yet, besides going to Boston a couple years ago." I say. I pull out my computer, and book five tickets to Orlando, and five passes for 5 days to the parks. "All set." I say. I show him the reservations, and agree to tell the kids when we pick them up tomorrow from school and daycare.

The next day
"Momma! Today was so fun! We got to play with dolls and go on a playground and we had snack time and we started to learn how to read, which I can already read but the rest of the class is!" Zola says the second she sees us.
"That's so good, honey." I say.
"Are you Zola's parents?" An older lady says.
"Yes, is there something wrong?" I ask.
"Not really, but I'm her teacher, Mrs Reed. It seems that Zola can already read at a second grade level, so is it okay if we move her up to first grade so she can get the math work in for second grade?" Mrs Reed says.
"That's fine. We've been working with her for a while. She started to read a few years ago and she can do basic addition and subtraction already. So when would she be moving up to first grade?" I ask.
"Well, I was thinking another week in kindergarten and then moving to first grade next week. They just started subtracting numbers under 100, so she probably is right around where they are." Mrs Reed says.
"Sounds good. So she'll spend the rest of this year in first grade, then go to second grade next fall?"  I clarify.
"Yes. Is that alright?"  Mrs Reed asks.
"That's fine. Thanks for letting me know."  I say. I take Zola's hand and we walk out of the door.

"Mommy, why am I moving up to first grade?"  Zola asks when we're in the car.
"Because you're too smart for kindergarten." I say.

We drive home and I get the kids out of the car.
"Welcome home." Nathan says and gets Ellis's carrier for me.
"Thanks." I say and we walk into the house.
"Zola, Bailey, put your shoes and cost off at the door and come sit in the kitchen please." I say.
They walk in. I put a plate of apples and carrots and a bowl of corn flakes for them to share.
"Mom? What's going on?" Zola asks.
"Okay kids, so in 3 weeks, over your spring break, we are going to Disney in Florida!" I say.
"Really?" Zola and Bailey exclaim.
"Yes! And we're going for 5 days to any park that you want!" I say.
"Yay!" Bailey says.
"Is dad coming too?" Zola asks.
"Zo, do you mean Nathan, or Derek?" I ask.
"Dad. Not Derek. But dad." Zola say.
"Yes, I'm coming too Zola. I hope that's okay." Nathan says.
"Is that okay?! That's great! It's going to be so much fun!" Zola say and gets up and hugs Nathan.
He looks to me, and smiles while hugging Zola.
"Alright, now who wants to go to the movies today?"  He asks.
"What are we gonna see?"  Zola asks.
"What about Moana?"  Nathan suggests.
"Yeah!"  Zola says. Zola has literally seen that movie in theatres a dozen times.

Nathan and Zola go to the movies to watch Moana and I stay here with Bailey and Ellis and figure out how to tell them they they're going to have another sibling.

God, four kids. I bet if Cristina were still in the US she would be laughing her head off right now. She alway said that kids would hold back a career. Maybe that's why she never had kids?  She's like my mother, and my mother didn't want me an maybe she don't want her kid or kids to hate her because she was always working. I mean, it makes total sense but having kids with Derek, and now Nathan, is such a gift. I think as I place my hand in my still flat stomach.
"Momma, when is we goin to Disney?" Bailey asks.
"In three weeks, sweetie. We're going to get on a plane, and then we're taking a bus to a hotel where we stay or the week, and go visit parks and go on rides and eat lots of sweets and stay up watching movies. Does that sound fun?"  I ask, explaining the trip.
"Yeah!  I want sweets and go on rides and go in plane!"  Bailey pauses. "Momma?  What's a plane?" 
I pull out my phone and show him why a Boeing 737 looks like.
"Mama!"  Ellis says, reaching for my phone.
"El, no. It's not to chew on. Here."  I say and hand her a plastic teething ring that I took out if the freezer. She starts chewing on that, and quiets down.
"Momma, why the plane metal?  Does it not get hot in summer?"  Bailey asks.
"It does, but when you fly above the clouds, it's a lot cooler, so the plane doesn't get too hot."  I explain as simply as I could. I see an interest in planes as he gets older.
A few hour later, after me planning what to pack for the kids, how we're going to pack, reserving special dinners and those fast pass things for everyone, Nathan and Zola come home.
"Mom!  Dad got me ice cream!"  She shouts and gives me a massive hug.
"Did you say thank you?"  I ask.
"Of course!  It was raspberry flavor and lemon flavor!"  Zola says.
"Zozo!  I want ice cream!"  Bailey shouts.
"Kids!  No shouting indoors!  I've told you this many times before!  It makes me very stressed. If you way to scream, go play outside!"  I say, running my hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't know she would get this loud." Nathan says.
"It's fine. I just don't want to get too stressed."  I say, and we share a smile.
"Speaking of, how are you and fetus?"  He says smiling.
"We're good. Hungry. But good."  I laugh.
"I'll start some dinner. Does grilled chicken and potatoes sound good?"  He asks.
"Maybe want to add 2 hotdogs for Bailey?  Ellis can have mushed potatoes."  I say.
"Got it. Do you eat anything to drink, babe?"  Nathan asks.
"Well, I'd love a glass of wine, but ice tea and lemonade will do for now. Thanks."  I say and give him a quick kiss before I go outside to watch the kids and so he can prepare the food without me stealing bites of chicken as he takes it off the grill.