14

"Meredith you need to tell me everything about Owen and Cristina's relationship." Amelia says as I'm putting Ellis to bed that night.
"Amelia, you should ask Owen or Cristina.  It's not my story to tell." I say.
"Fine. I'll go ask Owen.  But if he doesn't say anything, I'm not talking to that cold hearted woman." Amelia says.
"Firstly, Cristina isn't cold hearted. She's been through a lot.  She's strong.  The hospital shooting, the bomb, the ferry boat crash, the plane crash, she's been through a lot. I know it doesn't seem like that on the outside but it is." I tell Amelia.
"Well, she needs to be a better people person. How the he'll does she deal with patients?" Amelia says loudly.
"She deals with them the best way she can. She doesn't get attached but knows enough about the patients that she knows their bames, their families, and their medical history." I say. "She may not be a great people person. It she does the best she can."
"Well she's not my kind of person." Amelia huffs and walks away.

"Mommy?  Is auntie Cristina going to tuck us in too?" Bailey asks.
"B, auntie Cristina is with uncle Alex and aunt Maggie back at our old house. That's where auntie Amy is going too." I say.
"But I want auntie Cristina!" Bailey whines.
"I'll ask her to come over." I say.
I walk out of the room and call Cristina.

"Hey, Bailey wants you to tuck them in." I say.
"Okay. I'll be there in a minute. I just have to ask Alex for a ride." She says.
"Okay." I say and hang up. 

"B, auntie Cristina will be here soon." I say.
"Okay mommy.  Can you tuck Zozo in before Cristina comes in then everyone will be tucked in by you and daddy and auntie Cristina."
"Okay B. I'll go see Zola now.  Sweet dreams, my baby." I say and give him a soft kiss on the forehead.

"Mom! Is auntie Cristina coming?" Zola asks.
"Yeah, she's on her way now." I say.
"Yay!"  Zola says. She jumps up and gives me a big hug around the next. 
"Mom?  How much longer until Alexandra is here?" Zola asks.
"22 weeks, Zo, but we can go to the doctor and do an ultrasound to see Alexandra." I say.
"When is the next time you're going to see Dr Sloan?  I liked her." Zola says.
"I can see what I can do." I say.

"I'm calling for Dr Olivia Sloan please." I say to a nurse at the hospital clinic in Disney.
"I'm sorry ma'am but Dr Sloan went on a business trip to Seattle, Washington this morning. Her flight should have landed an hour ago." The nurse says.
"Thank you.  Can you give me her phone number please?  I live in Seattle, and she's my sister's fiancees sister." I say.
"Of course ma'am." The nurse says and processes to give me Olivia's phone number.

"Sloan." Olivia says.
"Hey Olivia, I heard you're in Seattle." I say.
"Yeah I just landed.  Can you pick me up?  I don't know anyone else here." She says.
"Of course.  I'll be there in 20 minutes." I say.  I grab my purse and keys.
I jump in the car and drive to the airport. 

"Olivia!" I say.
"Meredith!  Thank god.  That flight was rough. There was so much turbulence and after learning that Mark and Lexie died in a crash, I was really anxious when I felt the turbulence." She says nearly in tears. 
"I understand.  Come here." I say and give her a hug. 
"You have a bump!" She says.
"Yeah, it kind of popped a few days ago." I say. "I'm 18 weeks."
"Congratulations!  Is Grey Sloan looking for a new OB/GYN?" She asks.
"Yeah, actually. Our last one got fired by our other old one who came back for a case with one of our doctors. Addison Shepard was her name. The one who came in for the case. She left for LA last year. Our newer old one, Lucy, was incompetent and shotty and a know it all."  I say.  By this time we're in the car and halfway home. 
"Really?  Addison is amazing. She's one of my best friends!" Olivia says.
"Right, because Mark and Derek were best friends, you and Addi must be close." I say.
"How do you know Derek?" Olivia asks.
Laughing, I say "He was my first husband. Bailey and Ellis are his kids.  We adopted Zola together after I had a miscarriage during the hospital shooting."
"Really?  Derek never talked about you!  He said he divorced Addi but we didn't hear from him since then."
"Wow, I feel so important." I say sarcastically.
"Hey, don't feel bad.  Mark said something about being a dirty mistress a few years back, and he talked about Derek getting married but never mentioning her name."  Olivia says. "Were you the dirty mistress?"
"I uh yeah. I slept with Derek before Addi came. He never told me he was married, so that his fault.  It all worked out eventually though."
"Oh. I'm sorry to have brought up a painful past." Olivia says.
"It's nothing.  Addi and I are close friends now.  It's nothing bad, Olivia."  I reassure her.  
"Oh.  Okay.  Well, can we go inside, we're in a driveway."  
"Oh yeah, sorry.  This is my boyfriends house, and my kids just got to sleep."  I say getting out of the car.