Chapter 8: Love..?

Everything is a mess.

I grabbed my head in despair, Aiza is too calm. Shouldn't she be mad? Instead she just left without saying a word. Something tells me that this isn't normal.

A foreign feeling swept over me, like someone reached into my chest and squeezed my heart. What's this sensation?

The moment that I saw Greta, I felt strangely different from the last time I saw her. It's almost as if something's missing. Shouldn't I love Greta? But then I love Aiza too...What's going on?

I sat on the couch, deep in thought whilst my hand brushed something on the cushions—it's Aiza's novel.

I flipped to her marked spot,

I love you, Eric, but you've got to know that—

My eyes darted to the next line,

Obsession and love are two different things and—

I stopped abruptly, obsession?

The word is like a blade, slicing through all my confusions in my dizzy mind. Am I obsessed with Greta? I lay back on the sofa, yes I am.

I wouldn't want to clean the house for her; I wouldn't want to do learn everything for her just so I can please her. I wouldn't....risk my life for her.

I rubbed my face, Greta is more like a trophy to me; a prize I can't win. Being the competitive person I am, I kept the necklace to remind myself of my lost battle. No, it wasn't that I like her, it's my ego that's chaining her back.

Suddenly everything is clear, Aiza is the person I want to devote my life for. She is the one. Heck, I even disregard my rules for her.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, then sucked it back in when I realized my previous actions.

Aiza must have been mistaken.

Shit

I ran up stair and banged on her door, but before my third "knock", she opened the door herself. "A-" I stuttered, to my surprise, she stepped in and hugged me. "Come" She ordered. And I obeyed.

She pushed me on the bed and jumped in herself, pulled the covers up and snuggled up against me. Confused, I whispered, "Aiza?" She mumbled something inaudible and planted her face on my chest. Seeing her like a little bunny looking for comfort, it melted my heart. I gave her a peck on top of her head and hugged her tight, trapping her with my arms, and eventually I fell asleep as well.

The next day was frankly normal. It's like nothing had happened, but I know it did. Aiza feels different, I have a feeling that she's about to exit my life, and it's making my stand on my toes.

She would look at me with longing eyes, then ask for a hug, which I would immediately obey.

I know she's on to something, but I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, I trust her. Little did I know I would soon regret that decision.

Aiza asked to sleep alone tonight, saying that she doesn't feel like sharing the bed. I agreed, going back to my cold bedroom. It's been awhile since I've slept here.

I didn't have a terrific night, neither a terrific morning when I open Aiza's door to see an empty bedroom facing me. A low growl escaped my throat, I knew it. She didn't want to hear my explanation because she doesn't need it, she already made up her mind; she broke her promise.

But how naïve of her to think that I won't be able to catch up to her. She tends to forget that even though I was here for an extreme long period of time, I'm still well educated by professionals when I was little. I opened my laptop—a gift I bought online for Aiza as a surprise —and booked a fly to her hometown. I know where she lives; I know everything about her, even her idiotic ex-boyfriend, she has nowhere to escape. I have everything on the palm of my hands.

I buried my face in her pillow, greedily taking in her left-over scent, I miss her already.

I packed some crucial items and went on my way to chase her back. Just wait Aiza, you'll always be mine.

YouziCha's Corner
Hey y'all! Guess what? I'm planning to start a new story! Woo!
It's going be an alien girl disguised as a human and working as one of the space researchers for the government ;)) her job is to stop any further investigation for the extraterrestrial beings, or somewhere along that tangent ((;
But then she falls in love with this human guy, which she's not allowed to for obvious reasons. Then after some struggles she'll rebel against her planet and something realllllll bad happens in which im not gonna spoil; if y'all wanna check it out that is
But I'm still developing the structure, so it probs will be out.....sometimes lol
But anyways, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day and reading my trash, ily <3
Oh yeah, and I changed the cover as well to make my lil story less ratchet :) fright not!
Okie, that all! Peace out!