Chapter 3: Something Fishy

"I knew you wouldn't leave me."
"I knew you would come back."
"Never leave me alone again.....Greta."
.....
I jolted awake from the sound of my phone dropping onto the wooden floor. There's something strange going on, but I can't quite tell what. I touched the entire room over with my gaze, nothing seemed unusual, but I can't shake the feeling off, something's wrong and I shouldn't brush it off like nothing happened.

I checked every nook and cranny for something odd or out of place, but ended up with no results. I then went down stairs for some breakfast, it's already 10:20 am, the sufficient amount of sleep leads to a happy me. While humming a recent popular song, I skipped down the stairs and into the diner.

The first thing I noticed that's out of place was that there is a click board with a list printed on it. "Rule Number 1: No Boyfriends, Rule Number 2: Dress Him Each Morning.....What is this?" I mumbled. My good mood quickly evaporated as I glanced down the list, I have a feeling that something is going to happen; something I don't like. I tried to convince myself that this must be a prank from Gilbert, but that doubt quickly vanished as well when I felt the cold hard edge of a knife beside my neck.

Not processing what is happening, I froze on the spot.

"You're not Greta," a child-like voice vibrated from my back, "Who are you?" Not knowing what to do, I tried to speak, but is greeted with the fact that I got so scared that I lost my voice. "Answer me!" The weird man with a voice of a little boy pressed the knife harder into the skin of my neck, successfully drawing some blood.

The sharp sting dragged me back to reality, "I'm a-Aiza" I croaked, "Aiza...?" He repeated after me. I nodded.

The man withdrew his weapon and I swiftly turned around only to revealed a dirty man with hair everywhere. My eyes scanned over the unknown brown stains on his tank top and up the porcelain mask with an edge chipped off to the messy black hair poking everywhere. An indescribable reek emitted from this guy, shouting it's presence. I took a step back as this is all too much for me, but this only led to the man stepping with me and now standing closer. He is definitely taller than me and is hovering over me at this point.

Neither of us made a move, as we're both checking out each other. Finally he said in that childish voice again, "where's Greta?" Greta? The nanny? Is this guy for real? Is he Brahms? I shuddered at the thought, but still replied "I don't know, all I know is, she left and now I own the house." I watched for his reaction closely, but can't tell much since the mask is blocking the way. It seems like he's in deep thought. "Okay, I get it." The man suddenly declared, I jumped a little, " You are my Aiza, you will be with me from now on."

Wait what? You're Aiza? What does he mean? My expressions must have sold me out, since then he continued, "Aiza will take care of Brahms from now on, I'll be a good boy, only if you never leave me."

So he really is Brahms, well shit.

I calmly asked, "What if I don't want to?" The weirdo who is now confirmed as Brahms raised his knife and warned "then I'll kill you like I did with everyone else." I almost had a mental breakdown after his reply, but I managed to remain composed. I knew I had to, I had to play along, he is dead serious, and I don't want to die just yet. I'll find a way to escape, I thought, there must be a way......Gilbert! The chance of me slipping out the estate is slim, but that's okay since Gilbert always picks me up anyways. But then came the question: Gilbert won't be coming back for a least a week, can I really survive a week with this psychopath?

If that Greta can, then I can, I assured myself, not knowing that in the process she almost died. Raising my eyes to meet his, I smiled and said: "Okay Brahms, I'll take care of you."