Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon

En başından başla

The next month I would "follow and observe" people who are in "love". I didn't understand why they held hands or bit each other on the neck. Love is strange, was all I thought about as I write down how couples act or did to one another. But I ended my investigation of love after observing and following a couple into a hotel.

I could never look at a romantic couple the same way again knowing what they'll do eventually. Nevertheless I wrote down the suggestions I learned over the month into the book and showed the finished story to Professor Port and Dr. Oobleck. They were shocked of course and asked me questions on how I gather so much "information", i responded that I didn't want to talk about it.

So next was coming up a title for the story and their idea was stupid.

Me: "Ninjas of Love?! What kind of stupid name is that! It's mainly about death and I'm not a stupid ninja. I'm an assassin not a ninja there's a difference." I yelled at them.

Professor Port: "That maybe true, but people love ninjas and romanticizing it would catch a lot of eyes. Like the mafia, people romanticized them and their criminals." he said nodding to himself.

Dr. Oobleck: "Nevertheless your original title " The Assassin of Vacuo" will only catch the eyes of people in Vacuo, it'll be better of you make it a title everyone could relate to. Everyone falls in love and everyone knows what a ninja is." he said rapidly while moving around the room.

Me: "Fine whatever, but I hate both of you so much for making me change so much of the story. You two can help me publish the book by helping me submit it to a book publisher." I told them still mad.

Dr. Oobleck: "That's fine, now would you like to use your real name or a pen name when you submit it?" he asked me.

Me: "Obviously an pen name, I don't want people knowing that I wrote...wrote THAT. It's filth! Anyway make my pen name Fov." I told them earning confused stares.

Professor Port: "Um Mr. (Y/n) what does Fov mean? Is there a reasoning for that name?" he asked me curiously.

Me: "It's my old name I went by in Vacuo, it's an acronym. It means "Fiend of Vacuo", I figured since I don't need to live that life anymore I may as well have that name, so I never forget how I was made to be." I told them earning a smile from both of them.

Me: "Anyway if the book doesn't get publish or sell than i'm going to drop story writing in general. I really don't want to do "research again". " I told them.

We all looked at each other before laughing. In a few month's I wouldn't be laughing anymore because of the suggestions those two made.

(Present)

I sighed as I looked down on a copy of Ninjas of Love I had in my hand, only to put it back on the "best seller" shelf of the bookstore. I wouldn't have expected people to like the book, to be honest I was hoping it would do terrible so I wouldn't write again. This is why I hate and fascinated with humans and Faunus, they do things you wouldn't expect.

?????: "You know there is no point crying over spilled milk at this point right? Hell other authors would love to be in your position right now." I heard someone say behind me.

I looked back to see the owner of my favorite bookstore, he wore a short-sleeved quarter-zip burgundy and black shirt with a visible white undershirt. His hair was cleanly cut, and he had noticeable sideburns, along with hairy, muscular arms. His name is Tukson.

He had a stupid smile on his face while holding a pile of books, I looked at him annoyed only to sigh and smile at him. Can't really be mad at him, he was one of the few bookstores at first to sell my book. He just happy that the book sells like hot cakes, since it brings in a lot of business.