Chapter 20 (Insecurity)

Start from the beginning

"Kudos to all of us from the planning committee, everything seems to be going smooth".

"Yeah everything is going as planned. The managing director just finished his speech and the Governor is about to leave now".

Faisal finished briefing her on what she missed. Her eyes were still scanning the whole room for the glimse of him,but no sign of him still. She thought of calling him,but remembering what happened way back when she tried to ask of what's with him, she quickly aborted the thought. But she just couldn't stop thinking about him,how she wished she could see him again before she leaves to go home.

Malik and Zain got back to their house after about 40 minutes drive,which Zain was sleeping all through in the passenger's seat. He looked at how peaceful she looked sleeping and couldn't help but adore her more.
They reached home and he pulled up,seeing how peaceful she looked while sleeping made him not want to wake her up,so he scooped her up in his arms and took her inside the house. He turned on the light and her eyes immidiately opened.

"Are we home habibi? "
She asked in a sleepy tone.

"Yes darling,let's get you changed and in bed. I need to go back to the event after".
He said putting her gently on the bed.
He helped her change into her sleeping dress and tucked her in.

"Be safe and come home soon habibi,i can't without you by my side".
Zain said as he stood up ready to go back.

"Sure babe,i will. I love you "
He kissed her forehead.

"I love you too". She murmured.

He turned off the lights,locked the house and drove back to the event.
His mind immidiately wandered to where he had been avoiding, he hadn't seen her throughout their stay,it's just ridiculous how he thinks about her most of the time now,and to be honest he hates it. He hates how his mind is defying him recently with her thoughts. He just wish she's still at the event,a huge part of him thought.

He parked his car at a different spot now because there are less cars than earlier before he left to take Zain home. He made his way to the entrance still wishing he could spot her as his eyes automatically searched for her in the big room. His mind skipped a little with a dose of happiness as he spotted the pink scarf she wrapped her head in. Luckily for him,she turned around in his direction  to talk to someone by her side with a smile plastered on her face. She sure has a beautiful innocent genuine smile,he mentally said to himself. His eyes suddenly went to the person she was talking with and his mood immidiately changed. It was that Faisal guy,for some stupid reason,he wanted to keep her away from that guy. He really don't appreciate seeing her with him. He found himself some seat and settled in.

"Hameedah, would you like some drink? I can get some for you".

Faisal asked Amal as he stood up to get himself some drink. Amal been so thirsty,she nodded at him signalling yes and spoke.
"Yes please, i would love to have some water".

"Okay i will be back in a few minutes".
He left to get them both something to drink.

Just as he left,her mind went back to her hopeless empty thoughts. It's him,she's thinking about him again. She mentally tried to stop herself from looking through again but to no avail. And then out of blue,she spotted him seated with his eyes fixed on the phone in his hand. She looked to his side, but there was no one with him. His wife wasn't with him. She wondered where she might have gone to. Maybe the ladies room,she thought to herself. She was still staring in his direction when he raised his head and their eyes locked looks. Her breath hitched with her heartbeat increasing at a rapid rate. She felt ashamed by him catching her in the act of staring at him. He gave her a small smile and waved his hand at her. She waved at him back and made sure her eyes were looking at anywhere but where Malik was.