What's Next?

So, you've tweaked up your profile. What's next? Let's talk about book covers.

Many people on Wattpad have book covers without any text on it. Meaning there is no title or name. Wouldn't just be a little better to have a title and a name on your book cover versus without one?

The first time I ever posted a book on Wattpad, my cover looked like this:

I know you're laughing at me right now. This is the average new horror writer Wattpad book cover. I'm so serious. For romance, some people may use a photo they found off Google of a couple.

There's one thing a lot of people don't know about Google Images. Some of the stuff is copyright and if the owner catches you using their pictures, they can sue you for a lot of money. Let me just put that out there because I didn't know this before. However, I have a friend who was sued for using an image off Google that was not hers.

Don't worry, there are more ways to find what covers. Not all of us know how to make covers and we may use the Wattpad cover for app. Yes! There is a Wattpad cover app to easily make your covers if you're not a professional. I think we've all started there before. However, if you want to upload a good-looking photo I'm going to tell you where you could get that from. I wish someone told me this before I was stealing images off Google. *lol*

Instead of me posting all of the links I know, I just want you all to type in "Free HQ images" on Google. There's a list that pops up as you can see. If your professional cover designer or a new cover designer, you now know where to get your images from if you don't want to buy anything.

If you have the few bucks to spare, I get my covers off fiverr.com. I used to make my covers, but I wasn't really good. On fiverr.com, you can pay about $6 to have a professional cover made for you. This has helped me tremendously as you can see my sexy covers XD

Covers do matter. When my book hide-and-seek came out, I made this really crappy cover. As soon as I got it done by a professional, my reads went up and I got more attention. So, if you think covers aren't everything, they are. And that is on and off Wattpad.

There's another website where you can learn how to make good covers. It's called Canva.com. I think they are mobile now but if not you can do it from a computer or laptop. It's easy because they give you 2-minute tutorials on how to do each thing such as a text, and pictures, resize, and all sorts of other stuff. The best part is that most of the pictures and fonts are free for you to use. I highly suggest this website if you're interested in making your own covers. It is probably the easiest website you're fine to make covers.

Here's another secret I wish I knew about when I first joined. There are a lot of people who make covers. If you go to the search bar on Wattpad and type in active cover designers, a list of designers will come up. Follow them and submit your information if they are still open for requests. There are many to choose from so don't get discouraged.

You can also type cover designers. A list of books will come up. Click the book or their profile picture. If their book says submissions closed, that means they are no longer doing covers.

I like to find my cover before I start a book, which is why I didn't go into the writing part and this chapter like I said I would. However, if you need to you can use a temporary free picture off of the internet. I hope this helped anyone looking for covers.

Also, you may find a lot of mistakes in this book. I'm using voice to text for this XD