Chapter Four : That Bastard

His tired eyes stared blankly at the paper in front of him, he couldn't focus no matter what he did, taking a walk, eating, nothing, a sigh escaped from his slightly gridded teeth, if he couldn't solve something as simple as not being able to focus then that could he solve?

"If you so wish so." His eyes fell onto the door, mumbling and a few words slipped passed the wooden divider.

"Yes! The king must meet them!" Slipping from his chair he put his ear to the door, the conversation ended the moment he did so, he jumped back to his chair when a knock sounded in the small room.

"Come on." He spoke calmly as if he wasn't just spying on whomever was on the other side of the door, a small creak sounded as the door was pushed open to reveal the captain and second in command of the royal guard.

"My king." They both said in unison bowing to the higher rank, the captain's eyes had a tired shine to them while the other look extremely happy and energetic.

"We were wondering if you wished to see the new workers." The captain said in his old, respectful tone, he rarely wasn't like this, he always held respect to all, no matter their rank.

"Of course." The king replied, he wouldn't have normally said yes but seeing the excitement in the slightly lower rank's eyes he could only think it was something good.

"Annnnnd that's all." The shorter said, her tail swished to the side as her slightly pointed teeth curled into a smile.

"Berry." A stern voice said forcing the duo's eyes forward to be met to the calm yet strict eyes of a wolf monster, the shorter smile faded slightly as she shook her head.

"This is Freyer, captain of the royal guard." She said pointing to the wolf monster before pointing behind him and humming softly. "And that's Ink, second in command."

"Greetings." Freyer said with a small smile, only for it fad in seconds and be replied with an emotionless stare. "Now Berry, the king has requested for those whom are new to meet with him."

"Ah, of course, let's get going." The darker nodded, for once her strides has a slower pace to them as if she didn't want to go, yet she had to seeing as it was her king's order.

The tapping of his phalanges on the old wooden desk emanated throughout the small room, it was calming in a sense, enough so that he lost himself in his own thoughts, his mind was a swirling whirlwind of thought, none that really mattered but they still thrashed around, leaving him unable to focus on one particular thing.

"Why is so hard to focus?" The grumble slipped under his breath, as if it would have even mattered, no soul was in the room with him.

A small knock forced him to glance towards the door with a small 'come in' the door opened slowly to reveal his chief and a new servant, a small ping of anger festered in his soul as he looked the unknown taller over.

"My king allow me to introduce one of your newest servants, Reaper." The chief chirped in her always happy tone, her face fell when she noticed the anger in the king eyes.

"Reaper.......Reaper Grim?" The king asked, cooling his anger for a moment only to have the one in question nod. "Berry leave immediately." His voice was cold and full of hatred, sending a shiver down the smaller's spine, she glanced from the two monsters before nodding and leave the room, only to wait outside and listen.

"You....." The king hissed standing from his seat to meet with the eyes of the taller. "You bastard!" A stinging pain swelled in the taller's cheek, he was slapped, holding his cheek he stared at the smaller.

"What did I do?" He demanded, his hallow eyes hardening into a glare, what the hell did he do? He was forced out the palace, all those years again, why wouldn't his old friend be happy to see him?

"You left me! At the worse time in my life! You bastard!" The smaller barked, balling his fist in anger, only to have it leave and be replaced with overwhelming sorrow.

__________
Woop, four chapters in and I'm already starting with the emotional stuff.....I'm doing well!