Chapter Three : New Ties

The cloaked monster roamed in the large crowd, most were begging the guards to let them in while others were fight each other for a better spot.

With the king's new decree monster from all around began to fill in the village and area around the palace, it was the highest rank a simple civilization could get after all, anything in the palace could help so many but they would doubtfully obtain some of the less stable monsters.

"GET BACK YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!" The guards never held respect for civilians, which most definitely shone through at ever moment.

"Go." A dull voice hissed jabbing something sharp at his shoulder blade, not wishing to get impaled he listened to the dull, emotionless sounding voice.

As the angered shouted and slamming of fist faded they neared the palace, it was aged to say the least, after the previous king's death no one took up the role to make the outside look presentable, the yellowing pillars and trim were a prime example, when he was young the palace would glow, it was a beacon of sorts, making the town far more eyes catching to travelers.

"Go." The cloaked monster stopped moments ago as he remembered to old memory, thus making the guard impatiently jab him in the shoulder blade once more.

He shook his head grumbling under his clouded breath, as much as he would love to tell them off, it wasn't his place and he'd rather not making a scene, not yet at least.

As the duo reached the front, the door were wide open showing multiple armored monsters messing about, a clicking sounds made them stand attentively.

"Found a good one, eh?" One that's armor was far more dull and tattered asked, gesturing to the cloaked monster, whom merely stared forward not bothering to even make eye contact.

"Yeah." They replied shoving said cloaked monster forward, he stumbled forward not expecting the sudden force on his back.

He grumbled under his breath but continued to stand idly ignoring the guards whom were shouted in the background, with another shape shove he began to move, slowly at that.

He knew they would eventually get tired of his idiocy and just drag him, which to him didn't sound half bad, he could even catch a nap as they did but he most likely get thrown out the palace and that was not on his agenda.

As they entered an oval shaped room he took in every detail, again it was far more faded then he remembered but it had more charm to it, the walls were a light, slightly ashy grey, the room was fairly large and a few painted adorning the walls, some were kings and queens long before he was born yet they all bored him, except for one, one in the center of the room was covered by a dusty, old red velvet sheet; curiosity flooded his mind but he didn't dare to ask, figuring it was something few if any knew.

   Three long hallway split off from the room, all to distant places, glancing up to pay more attention he figured they were going down the east corridor, seeing as it was going east and he would hope they would call it east and not west, then again the guards are complete idiots so there was no telling, whichever the case he kept his eyes down, not even glancing up to the various noises that echoed down the long corridor.

"So what do you want to do?" After they left the long corridor a monster glanced up at the one that didn't belong and asked the simple question.