Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty-One

Silently I sit on a mahogany wooden chair with a old novel as my dark curls fall around my shoulders like a sheet.

I wear my black robe open to where my bra and underwear are showing to Peeta but he could care less, he's doodling me in this position. I look up at him and he giggles with a grin.

"Are you enjoying the view?" I mumble and he nods. "A lot actually." He bites his pencil between his teeth as I run my hands through my hair. "We should make a list of what we want to do while at the Capitol to make it fun after the kids leave." I say walking over to him and sit in his lap, grabbing his pencil and flip to the next page and write, "Wish List".

"We should go to a club." He says and I nod, writing it down. "We should go ballroom dancing!" I say with a laugh. He shrugs and I write it down. "We should find a time for alone time." I say and he grabs his pencil and writes down "make love on top of the old Tribute Center on the roof." I laugh and nod.

"Okay." Then the lights flicker and go off and I gasp. I start breathing heavily. I have a horrible apprehension about the dark, I feel as though someone will kill me. Peeta starts kissing my neck and shushes me.

"Relax I'll get some candles, it's okay... Must be a outage." He says setting me on the plush blankets. I sit quietly and play with my thumbs.

Then after five minutes the room is filled with multiple candles and a soft light. Peeta lays me down and wraps his arms around me and shushes me. "Just sleep I'm right here."

Which I do and after about a few hours my back starts ringing in pain. I grip the bed sheets and grimace. Peeta feels my body tense and he kisses the back of my neck.

"What's wrong?" He asks quietly, his breath warming my earlobe. "My back... I-I don't know why it's hurting I'm sorry Pee-" He lays me gently on my stomach, taking off my robe and unhooking my bra, letting it fall from my back.

"Peeta-" I whisper and he kisses my spine all the way down and I gasp quietly. Then he straddles my hips and starts moving his strong hands over my back, kneeing the knots of pain. Instantly my eyes start drooping and the smell of the fresh, soft pillow makes me want to fall asleep more.

After a few hours of this he leans over an I feel his hot breath against my neck. "Does this feel good?" I nod slowly and his hands trail down my back and before he can strip my underwear off we hear a soft knock on the door. "Mama? Daddy? The lights are off and Willow is scared and crying... Can we sleep with you?" Kaden asks and Peeta hooks up my bra and puts me into one of his shirts and walks to the sleek door, clicking on the keyboard and it opens.

What I see is Kaden holding onto Willows hand as she sobs quietly and he smiles at Peeta. "I'm here to protect her." "Weren't you afraid of the dark?" Peeta asks and Kaden says very seriously. "Why would I be scared of it daddy if I lived in it for years?" Then Kaden looks up at Willow. "I'll always be your super hero Willow... I maybe small but I'm strong." He giggles and walks to the bed, jumping in and nestling into my chest, letting out a loud sigh.

"Mama." I cover us up with the blanket and Peeta scoops up Willow and brings her into bed. Peeta wraps his arms around all of us and tears spring into my eyes as I look at my beautiful family that Peeta and I created. Kaden brushes my tears away and he frowns. "Do you have monsters in your dreams?" I nod softly with a sad smile. "Every night Kaden." "What do those monsters look like mommy?" He whispers and I brush his blond hair with my shaky fingers.

"They look like people." "Then why are you afraid of them?" I look into his innocent grey eyes and swallow. "Because I'm afraid of people, they are my worst fear." "Why?" "Because everyone has a evil side to them and sometimes that's how people survive... They be evil."

_________🔲🔳⚫️⚪️_______

The next morning we step off the train and wave to the adoring Capitol people as they take in the sight of our children. Willow waves and giggles as Kaden stays next to me, gripping my hand gently. "I'll protect you from the evil mama." He says and I look down at him as he looks straight a head.

I move my black dress around so we can walk into the training center, where we will meet up with everyone. When the automatic doors open I see Annie and Fin who is about ten now. "Annie!" I yell and let go of Kaden's hand and wrap my arms around her. "Katniss! It's so good to see you." She looks up at me, moving her red hair from her face. Fin looks at me and grins. "Hello aunt Katniss." He purrs and I laugh, looking at him, just seeing Finnick. "Hi Fin, you're looking quite handsome." "You look quite lovely as well." He says smiling up at me.

"Wow, polite." I say looking at Annie and she laughs. "After a while he'll be the dork he is." I could never forget that snarky voice, of one of my best friends. I see Johanna with Chip holding onto her hip. I hug her as well and I grin. "You look great." I say and she scoffs. "Of course I do, if I didn't there would be a problem." "Jo." Chip says and she shrugs with a laugh. "Where's the baby at?" I ask and she smiles. "Oh I left our beautiful child at home, didn't want it to be exposed to the Capitol quite yet." Both Kaden and Willow tackle Johanna screaming how much they missed her and after a few moments Chip goes down as well. "You need to move back in with us." Willow whines. "We have a baby now, we can't Willow... Even though we would want to." I laugh at the reunion. Then I pick up our bags and grin. "Let's go get to our rooms."

Everyone follows and then I turn to see Annie walking with a grin and then all of the sudden a man runs right into her and he gasps as he is on top of her, they are nose to nose and she looks shocked. "I'm so sorry ma'am, I'm quite the klutz."

When he stands and turn I see a man who looks and sounds exactly like Finnick, just has glasses. He gives Annie a white grin. "My you are beautiful." She is still in shocked and he gives her a warm smile.

"Here let me take your bags." "What's your name?" She asks and he smiles. "Caspian Ahab, like the Caspian sea." He says, his green eyes shining and he takes another bag from her creamy colored hand into his tan one. He keeps his eyes trained on hers as Peeta keeps a hold of me and then he looks over at everyone. "Here let's go." We all get into the elevator where we went into before every game and I kiss Peeta's lips gently and look at Caspian, wonder how the hell he looks exactly like Finnick Odair.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF CASPIAN!!!!!!!!!!

And how Kaden protects Katniss and Willow! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS A DEDICATION!!!!!!