Chapter Thirty Nine

I AM BEGINNING PART ONE AGAIN WITH KATNISS AND PEETA'S STORY!!!!!! SOME CHAPTERS WILL BE KADENS POV BUT OLDER!!!!!! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

Chapter Thirty Nine

Katniss's POV

"Weeping Willow Mellark you better leave your brother and his toys alone this instant!" Peeta shouts as he makes breakfast.

Why am I not downstairs you're asking? Well it's one of those mornings... Where I don't want to get up and take pleasure in anything.

It's almost a weekly ritual actually, I hate it because I don't get to spend time with the kids and neither Peeta. I just stare blankly at the wall, with no feeling, only the thoughts of the dead.

"So why are you alive and not me?" Prim asks in a somewhat angry voice. Tears roll down my cheeks. "I wanted you to live-" "Annie needs me Katniss!" Finnick roars and I cover my mouth from the choking sobs that are about to escape my lips.

"I was only Twelve! I just turned twelve!" Rues voice says, quivering with sobs. "You are no girl on fire!" Cinna chides and then I close my eyes, now covering my ears, trying to make their voices to leave my head.

All of the sudden I feel someone's arms around my shaking form and my eyes spring open to see Peeta's deep blue eyes looking into my grey ones.

He knows my health is deteriorating, physically and emotionally... He just doesn't have the heart to tell the kids, and sadly I don't either. He kisses my four head.

"You okay?" I nod a little and he gives me a sad smile. "I could hear you talking to them... It isn't your fault Katniss." He brushes the tears from my cheeks.

"You know none of them would be angry with you, hell Finnick would be trying to charm the pants off of you." He rests his four head against mine and puts his thumbs into my belt loop of my pants.

"Only I can do that though." I giggle at his comment and he cocks his head to the side. "You're not feeling good." He says and I shrug, laying my head against his shoulder. "I feel sick everyday, it's nothing new Peeta."

He kisses my neck softly and sighs. "It maybe nothing to you but I hate seeing you hurting or in pain, because I love you Katniss." All of the sudden two little figures pounce us screaming and giggling at high pitches, making us fall on our backs. "Mommy!!!!!!" They both squeal, jumping up and down on my stomach.

"Easy guys!" I say and they stop quickly. "Sorry mommy." Willow says quickly. "It's fine Willow, I'm just a little sore today." I say.

Kaden giggles and wraps his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. "Mommy, I wanna go hurting!" He says, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

"Yeah sure Kaden, but I gotta rest for a little bit... Mommy is hurting really bad today." He gasps with his grey eyes showing fear. "Are you going to die mommy?" I let a tear roll down my cheek and kiss his four head.

"Of course not baby boy." He kisses my four head. "Good because if you died mommy, that would be horrible." It breaks my heart that my son is thinking about me dying, I wouldn't be living today without my family.

After a few hours after hunting with Kaden we lay in the meadow, chewing on mint leaves and letting the warm sun bask our skin. He looks into my eyes and smiles.

"I'm glad you were the first thing I saw when the doctor fixed my eyes mommy." I ruffle his blond hair. "Whys that baby?" "Because you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen." I rest my four head against his and smile, with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"When you were born Kaden, mommy thought she couldn't be happy ever again and well when I saw you, I thought that you baby boy were going to be my second chance at living." He puts his tiny hands against my cheeks as my braid is on my shoulder.

"Am I mommy?" I kiss his four head. "More than you know Kaden, you and Willow are mommy and daddy's second chance." He stands and puffs his chest out.

"I'm like your superhero?" I nod with a giggle. "That's correct Kaden." Then at that moment, in that happy moment I finally feel as though my life has turned normal.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS CHAPTER AND WHAT YOUR FAVORITE PART WAS!!!!!!!!!