Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

A FEW HOURS AFTER BIRTH

I hold him against my chest as Peeta has pillows propped against my heavy head as my eyes are fluttering open and close.

I look at the blurry image of our child against my chest as Peeta moves the loose strands of hair from my four head.

He kisses my temple gently that is throbbing for the first time in a while. "He's so beautiful Katniss, I'm so proud of you." I smile weakly and kiss our sons blond tuft of hair.

He's much more smaller than Willow, and much more mellow than her as well. He smiles. "What do you wanna name him?" I groggily look into his blue eyes and I smile weakly.

"You name him Peeta." He shakes his head, stroking the baby's fragile head gently. "I wasn't the one who was in labor for twelve hours." I kiss his cheek.

"I wasn't the one who helped a woman give birth without any experience... It's okay, I want you to name him." He smiles, looking at our beautiful baby boy. "Kaden Xavier Mellark." I grin. "I love that name." I say in a raspy voice.

He caresses his thumb against my bottom

Lip. "You okay?" He asks and I nod slightly. "Just really tired that's all." I whisper and then the door opens and I see Haymitch, sober with a cheesy smile on his face when he sees me.

He walks over to my bedside and takes my shaky hand. "Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?" I lick my dried lips. "Tired." I whisper and he giggles, looking at Kaden. "You make some good looking babies Katniss." I laugh.

"Thank you Haymitch... He's blind." Haymitch's mouth drops. "Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Then the door opens and I see Willows dark curly hair as she holds onto a card she made.

"Uncle Haymitch, can I see the baby?" He nods and she looks at me with a huge grin. "Hi mommy." She says quietly crawling into the bed and I kiss her four head. "Hey baby." She looks down at Kaden.

"Who is this?" She asks and I smile. "Willow this is your little brother Kaden." She leans her face close to his and he opens his eyes, looking at the ceiling. "Mommy, why does his eyes look funny?" Tears quietly roll down my cheeks and I kiss her curly hair.

"Kaden is blind baby, that means he can't see." "Oh... That's okay though mommy, he's still cute." I laugh and I smile. "I'm glad you think that." Then she lays down in bed next to me and nestles against me. Then someone else walks through the door, my mother and Effie.

My mother quickly rushes over to me with her bags and puts her palm on my four head and smiles. "I'm so proud of you Katniss, you did so well, so did you Peeta." He giggles and then her smile drops when she sees the baby.

She takes him from me and kisses his four head. "I'm going to put him in a incubator so he is warm okay Katniss?" I nod and she looks into my tired eyes.

"It's okay Katniss, just go to sleep." And at that moment I do, while hearing Effie talk about the baby and asking questions. "Welcome to the world Kaden... Welcome to our hectic world."

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!!! WHOEVER COMMENTS FIRST GETS THE DEDICATION!!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE NEE COVER THAT THGFANPAGE MADE!!!!!!!

Maddie