Chapter Twenty

Katniss's POV

            "Peeta please d-don't leave me." It has rolled up to the time of Prim's birthday and it has been harder on me this year for some reason... Meaning flashbacks, nightmares, and a lot of memories. Willow lays on my chest as I am laying in bed, which I have for the past few days. Peeta has had work off because of me but he has to go back today, I'm just scared because he's the only one who can calm me down if I have a flashback.

                     He kneels  down on the ground by my side of the bed and kisses my trembling lips. "I'll be back in a few hours, Willow will stay with you Katniss." "And Squirt too!" She says pointing at her bunny which is in the crook of my neck. He nods and looks at me with his blue eyes shining with tears at the sight of me. "I'll be back." He grabs his jacket and walks out of our room. Willow lays back down and I hear him talking with Johanna in the hallway.

                        "Jo, she is really taking it hard this year just keep a eye on her." "I will Peeta, don't worry about it." Then he walks downstairs and out of the house. Johanna has the man over she has been seeing off and on... They are in her room drinking glasses of wine. Peeta and I don't do that anymore. A flashback of Prim getting blown up goes through my mind and my eyes close quickly and I grip the bedsheets, tensing my body.

                    Willow lifts her head off my heaving chest. "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?" Her voice is echoing and I'm making strange cries and then she grabs my cheeks and rests her four head against mine and I open my eyes. I see her calm blue eyes like Peeta's staring into my grey ones and she sighs. "Calm down mommy, those monsters can't get you anymore." I let tears roll down my face.

                   "Poor Willow... My nightmares are my past, I lived them." She starts brushing my tears away and she kisses my four head that is scrunched up. I wrap my weak arms around her and kiss her curly dark hair. My body feels like a huge weight where I can't get up... Johanna says it's depression and I need to get my head out of my ass.

                    I look and see her leaning against the man she is seeing named Chip. He's from District 7 looking alot like her and he rubs the scruff on his neck. "You okay Katniss?" I nod a little and he smiles. "You don't have to be afriad of your past Katniss, you need to look at the present." Johanna grabs his arm and leads him out. Willow sits up.

                 "Mommy, I'm going to get my paints and paint you a picture." I let her go hesitantly and she takes my hand. "I'm not leaving again mommy." Then she runs into her room. I feel the warmth of Squirt on my neck and I feel tired and weak, like I want to give up. So as Willow walks into the room again I slowly fall into darkness where I don't wake up from.

                Comment and Vote! Tell me what you thought of how Willow took care of Katniss! ^.^