Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Five days later...

Peeta's POV

Katniss has been in a lot of pain lately and I'm worried about her and the baby. She was making lunch for me because it was my day off and then she made this horrible cry of pain and went down on her knees.

I thought she was having false contraction but she told me it just kicked really hard. I knew she was lying. I rubbed her belly all night last night and the baby didn't even move. Then she started crying in her sleep, just small helpless whimpers that made me hold her close to me. "Katniss why are you crying?" "I'm hurting her Peeta!" She sobs in her sleep and I hold her closer.

"Who are you hurting Katniss?" "T-the baby!" I kiss the top of her head. "No your not! It's okay Katniss." "The pills are killing it!" She cries and I look down at her and connect all the dots. "She was trying to abort the baby." I try to keep myself calm.

"Where are the pills Katniss?" "Haymitch's." I get up, laying her back down and go to Haymitch's. I walk in without him noticing. I see the pill bottle and I open it. There are only two pills left. I throw them out and keep the bottle. I walk back to the house.

I walk up the stairs about to blow up with anger but then I see something that breaks my heart, so much that all the anger melts away. She is holding her pregnant belly with tears rolling down her cheeks as she sleeps.

"Please don't die, mommy is so sorry... I just got scared that I would be a bad mommy. A-and I didn't want the games to hurt you but I'm killing you!" I wake her up and she sits up with a gasp. She is still holding her belly and then she hugs me. "I'm sorry!" She sobs and I hold her close.

"Katniss, you should've told me you were scared, then we would figure out something like a adoption... But I want to keep the baby." She looks up at me and kisses my lips. Wen she breaks away she looks up at me.

"We're keeping it." She puts our hands on her belly where we feel a little movement. She looks into my eyes, her grey ones glistening. "I'm keeping it."

COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!!! COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY!!!!!! :)