Chapter Eighteen

Peeta's POV

            I look down at Katniss as she sleeps on her stomach with her dark curls in her face, her shoulders shining in the early morning sunrise. I look at the scars on her back and I start kissing every single one without waking her. After last night Katniss said she didn't want to get Willow the bunny after thinking it over but... I can't do that to my princess.

              She was so excited when I said maybe, her blue eyes just sparkled and I knew right then and there, it didn't matter what Katniss says, I'm getting her a bunny. I kiss Katniss's shoulder blade, where the last scar is and get dressed. I walk out of the house into the bustling streets of district four with the fisher mans bringing in catches, fish hook makers at their stations on the side of the road, net makers sewing in their shops.

                  I grabbed my canvas so when the sunrise looks nice I'll paint it. I see a man with bunnies of all different colors and sizes. I look at them in the cage and he grins with gold teeth. "What are you looking for son?" "I want a rabbit that is not to small because I have a cat at home and I don't want it killing it, but I don't want it huge so my daughter can't carry it.

                    He grabs a brown one and hands it to me. It's adorable and Willow will be able to hold it. I grin. "I'll take him." I give him the amount of coins and he puts it in a cage. I look at the sunrise and see the beautiful colors I run to the beach with the rabbit in one hand and my canvas and paints in the other. When I am running down one of the sand dunes and feel the cool sand between my toes I grin.

               I go right by the shore and set the cage down and set up my canvas. I grab my paints and start painting what I see. The sea salt wind slaps me in the face, but keeping it cool which I smile. I can see Finnick right now with his trident looking at me and then I start painting him into the painting. My Hijacks sometimes are just seeing people from my past, I grab my pills out of my pocket and take it without water. "It's just medicine." I think to myself... But it isn't just that, it keeps me alive and from hurting Katniss.