Chapter 42

This chapter is for StarkArc. Your heart comments are really encouraging me to update.

Happy Reading!

CHAPTER 42

Vanessa

I woke up the next morning feeling rejuvenated. The sound of waves crashing on the rocks down the shore filled my ears. Sunlight poured on the balcony while birds enjoy flying outside. Sure, signs of great adventures waiting for me.

Not looking at the time, I stretched my body and went outside the balcony. I let the heat of the sun warm me.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh salty air. The sun was warm while the breeze felt cold. It was the best combination. And probably, the best morning I have ever had.

Yesterday was a whirlwind of events that took out my energy. So yes, I deserve this. No work to worry about. No reporters around. No one knows who I am. And I had the best sleep since I was born, hypothetically speaking.

It's just me, this paradise, and probably Nate outside my door.

And as if on cue, I heard three knocks before the door flew open.

I turned and watched him enter.

He stared at me for what seems like forever and I stared back, drinking in his white dress shirt that was unbuttoned on the first two buttons, and his faded jeans.

We stared at each other, green eyes mirroring my own. I can't help but be surprised every time I see him. It's like the first time I see him like this and I think I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw the warmth in his eyes.

Last night, I wasn't able to admire him because it was quite hard to study every inch of him in the dark. And hey, I was tired, really tired.

So I guess this is my chance.

My eyes traveled from his eyes to his lips, chin, and then lower. His prominent feature either makes people cower in intimidation or makes them wet their lips in anticipation. His jaw is well defined and perfectly sculpted. His shoulders are broad and his chest, hard and muscular, visible because of the two opened buttons.

Before my eyes could even travel to his lower region, I stopped myself. I can feel myself blushing as I realized what I was doing.

Sighing disappointedly, my eyes went back to his face, expecting to meet his green eyes. But to no avail, his eyes were making their journey on my body.

I was still in one of my white nightgowns that reached only half of my thighs.

I felt myself getting hotter under his scrutiny. I bit my lip as his eyes traveled back up to meet my own.

He looked away, and cleared his throat. A faint blush tainted his cheeks and I tried to suppress a laugh.

I was in no position to laugh because I know for a fact that my cheeks are redder than his.

"Good Morning," I greeted, trying to decrease some tension between us.

He looked at me and smirked. "I think we were already past pleasantries after ogling each other."

I stared at him speechless.

"Anyway, I just came to see if you're awake," he said as I walked back in. The sun is not really helping me cool myself down. "But since you are, why don't you get yourself ready?"

"Why? Where are we going?" I asked, covering my mouth, afraid that he might smell my awful morning breath.

"We're going around," he said simply. "Let's just enjoy this while we can, shall we?" he winked before walking out of the room.