Chapter 19

Alexander

I woke up feeling like shit.

My head is throbbing, my body feels sore, and my eyes are burning as I tried to open them. I turn to my side.

Not a good idea

As soon as I did, the morning light hit my face, burning my eyes even more.

Who the hell opened the curtains?

Immediately, I turned my body away from the glaring light of the morning sun. I inhaled deeply, trying to regain my sleepiness when a scent of a woman hit my nostrils.

As much as I would want to keep my eyes close, I opened them to see if I was right.

Nothing. Empty.

The other side of the bed is empty. I closed my eyes again. Must be my imagination playing a trick on me. I inhaled again and this time I know I was right the first time.

She was here.

At that thought, I sat up.

Another bad idea

I groaned and was forced to lie back down as my head started spinning, more like cracking. Placing an arm over my eyes, I lied flat on my stomach, and then heard the door opened.

Knowing that my head will only hurt if I sat up again, I just raised my arm and squinted to see the intruder, willing it to be the girl from my dreams.

"Good Morning, sir."

I groaned again and placed back my arm over my face to cover my eyes.

It was just Rick Butler, my butler. I mentally laughed as I remembered how his last name coincides with his job.

I chuckled audibly.

"I find it hard to believe that a grown man such as yourself are still amused by the similarity of my surname and my job," Rick boredly commented.

I finally let out a loud laugh. How he knew what I was thinking is a mystery even to me.

"Hilarious," he said although I know it annoys him every time I think of that.

He cleared his throat and placed the breakfast he brought on the rather oversized nightstand.

"I hope you enjoyed your night, sir. You have a long day ahead of you."

I groaned and went back to smelling the side of the bed. I hugged the pillow I knew she lied onto a while ago.

Rick cleared his throat again and said something that made me stop snuggling into the pillow.

"The girl left your room this morning, sir. She was already paid to keep this little scandal of yours a secret."

"What?" I sat up and whipped my head to face Rick.

"Ugh!"

My brain screamed as I felt it cracking because of pain.

Great! A morning full of headache is just what I need.

But my mind drilled into the fact on Rick's information. It's not her then? I forced myself to think about what happened last night.

I heard her called me by the old nickname she gave me with her soft voice.

We talked for the first time after what happened.

I went inside and proceeded to entertain the guests, announced something important.