I know that she wouldn't hurt me if I didn't oppose her. But what really got me was that she was still considered a threat yet my wolf was calm when watching her every move. I looked to see if the Luna had managed to talk to Tony while Emily's attention was on me. She had a hand on the boy's small shoulder holding him back. Her gaze fell on me and nodded her head. 

I then to turned to see if Jake had gotten to Kayla and that was my second mistake because Emily followed my gaze. Her eyes grew cold and merciless. In an instant she launched herself at Kayla managing to take a hold of her spine. Jake was about to pry her off but I yelled at him. "NO! Jake if you touch her there will be more than a threat on your life but you will be signing Kayla's death warrant!" I really couldn't care less about the she-wolf but her punishment will be delivered from the alpha's hands.

EMILY'S POV:

To say my wolf was pissed that others were interfering in her hunt. When she saw Jake trying to pick Kayla up she lost all of her patience with the others. My wolf knew whatever wounds we gave her would heal slowly or kill her since we were both wolves. Werewolves heal quickly but if we aren't healthy or get in a battle with another wolf we not only heal like humans but we can scar and become permanently disabled.

My wolf had made her decision right then that Kayla will live with shame. Since she knew that her opponent loved attention that is what she will give her. With out another moments hesitation she pushed me to the farthest reaches of our mind and bit down on Kayla's spine. Ignorant to what was going on around her my wolf began to sink her teeth deep into her prey's flesh. 

Blood filled our mouth but she just let it flow out of our mouth. When our teeth hit her spinal cord we bit down hard dragging whimpers and yelps from her. We began to shake our head violently despite her pleas and my dad yelling at us to stop. Only when she became still and we heard a snap did we let go. The spectators were moving away showing that they are not a threat. 

The alpha entered my line of vision with a mix of sorrow, anger and dissappointment on his face. My wolf didn't care about his feelings at the moment, he should count his blessings that she isn't dead. 'Yet' My wolf said it with a promise of death. All of a sudden a familiar voice entered my wolf's ears. "EMILY!" Tony's voice brought me to the fore but it also brought the memory of what Kayla and her minions have done to him. Which earned Kayla a series of growls and a show of my fangs even though she had already passed out. 

I was so engrossed in my rising anger that I didn't even notice Tony running toward me until he called out to me again. "Mommy! Please stop. No more. Please!" He pleaded as he grabbed my fur like a life line. I turned my head to look at him and when I saw the tears in his little eyes I forgot all about the lump of meat laying not ten feet away. Nuzzling his neck trying to comfort him I whimpered to tell him that I didn't mean to hurt him. He shifted into his wolf and whimpered curling himself around my front paw. 

With Tony safe I took the time to take in the scene. My dad and Jake were running towards the house carrying Kayla with a handful of people following whom I was assuming would be the doctor and nurses. The rest of the pack were giving me a wide berth. Molly and Junior were talking until they felt my eyes on them and turned walking toward me and Tony. My hackles were rising and a growl forming low in my chest until Tony whimpered. Looking down at him his words replayed in my head. Instantly my whole body relaxed and I bent down to lick his muzzle.

Molly crept up slowly with Junior behind her and I let them after inhaling their scent and my wolf saying that she would help not hurt. I sat on my rump pushing Tony further under me, letting them see that I wouldn't attack them as long as they were not a threat to him. Molly and Junior both physically relaxed and with a sigh Molly started talking. "You know you are in trouble for this. Your dad doesn't know what to do since neither one of us were here when it started. But i'm pretty sure you wouldn't just attack her without a just cause. I know Kayla can be cruel sometimes but still she is pack and we need to know what really happened here."

Molly's eyes glazed over for a second then gave another sigh. "John is getting two sides of a story right now Emily. He also wants me to lock you in your room until calm down enough to shift back and explain yourself. Junior isn't going to do anything to Tony but the pup needs to be away from you for a little while so you won't hurt him." I was shocked that they were actually considering seperating the one thing that was keeping me from killing that bitch who hurt him. Being locked in a room was nothing new to me but if they take Tony away I have a feeling that Kayla's death will not be the last. 

Tony whimpered and tried to find some way to hide inside me when Junior came too close. Noticing that Molly was serious I went on the defense, standing with hackles raised and fangs showing along with a dark growl that sounded like it came from the pit of hell itself. Junior being the smart man he is raised his hands in surrender and backed off. I turned back to Molly keeping all of my senses on alert for the teeniest  sound of movement that came towards us. 

Molly's eyes narrowed as if deep in thought, "Your protecting him. He called you mommy. Then why would you fight...." She seemed to be speaking more to herself than anyone else but really how hard would it be to figure everything out?! With a loud gasp she looked from me to Tony. "Tony is that true?!" Junior had the same look of shock that Molly and the rest of the group that I could see had. What's going on?! 

'Tony showed them all what happened before we got there, and what happened to start the fight. He can do this through the pack bonds but they will explain that later for now pay attention to any threats. They will not take him from us.'  My wolf could be helpful in times like this but she said that Tony showed them all what happened to him and that was something that my wolf did not need to think about. Molly had tears gathering in her eyes when she whispered, "I am so sorry Tony. To you to Emily." 

Her eyes glazed over again which gave me the chance to check and make sure Tony was OK. He was whimpering but otherwise he seemed fine. I gave him a reassuring yip which got his tail wagging and his whimpering to cease. "John still wants you to go to your room but he wants both you and Tony to get some rest. Due to this new information we will have to decide what to do with the rest of the pack who was involved. And since you two have had an interesting day to say the least I think sleep is what you both need."

Molly spoke the truth about needing rest. So I picked Tony up by his scruff and carried him into my room avoiding as many people as I could. Once inside I laid Tony on the bed which he imediately curled up beside me when I laid down. Junior poked his head through the door, "Don't worry. I will stand guard so that they won't bother you two." And with that he left shutting the door. I took the time to do an inventory of my wounds since I didn't really feel them when they were being inflicted. All in all there was nothing major just some cuts and bruises that were going to be sore tomorrow which at the moment I didn't care. With a lick to Tony's muzzle, a goodnight kiss to wolves, I laid my head down and while I was drifting off I couldn't help but wonder the full extent of Kayla's wounds. But instead I pushed those thoughts away and fell into a dreamless but peaceful sleep. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty folks XD 

So what do you guys think about how Emily handled herself when faced with Kayla? 

Please comment and share your thoughts ^^