Chapter 24 Andy

It's been a couple months after graduation and things have been interesting. I didn't think I'd really make it this far like I am. I have a loving girlfriend, two amazing best friends, a mother who I can finally call my own and a stupid Fucking dog that Danni brought home from the pound. Okay. I'm not an animal person. Being an animal person means you devote yourself to looking after that thing like your life depends on it. I can't even look after myself! When she first brought the animal home I thought it was a fucking baby the way she was talking to it! But I guess I was lucky it was only a dog.

I looked down at the little Bernese Mountain Dog. It had a white nose and chest, brown paws and cheeks and the rest of him was black instead of a little white patch on his butt. His eyes were black and he hasn't stopped looking at me.  His tongue was out of his mouth and he was panting frantically, with my childhood teddy bear that now looked like a drenched rat between his paws.

"What?" I asked it. He cocked his head, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Come on Andy, give Jasper a chance," she groaned. I gave her a glance before the dog landed on my stomach and pushed all of the air out.

"He loves you!" Danni laughed. I looked down at the dog who had made himself at home on my stomach and groin. He was so heavy that he pushed me back against the chair. Don't get me wrong, he was only a few weeks old but this boy was freaking heavy!

"Danni, please get him off of me,"

"Why don't you like dogs?" Danni groaned, sitting where my head was and grooming my hair. I felt his slippery tongue on my bare arm and nearly lost it.

"Because I can barely look after myself, so how can I look after that," I gestured to the pillow like fluff ball on my stomach. 

"Andy, do you love me?" I tilted my head up and met her green eyes.

"Of course I love you,"

"Then please love Jasper for me! He's had it hard too with abuse and he wants a loving family like we do," I sighed and looked down at Jasper. His head was facing us, a snot string was hanging out of his nose. It wasn't until he sneezed all over my leg that I nearly lost it.

"Andy please,"

"I will try, but if he tries licking or sneezing on me again he's an outside dog,"

"Thank you baby," Danni smiled, letting her lips fall on mine. I brought my hands up and kissed her deeper. What annoyed me next was Jasper though he was missing out and joined in. His paws were on my throat and gut, his tongue licking my face.

"Alright Jasper, down," Danni ordered. He licked me one last time before jumping of the couch and sitting in front of Danni.

"You love him secretly," Danni whispered, pecking my cheeks before walking away. I heard the little dog feet following her. I don't know what came over me but I smiled. God I love her more than words can describe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danni insisted that I go for a walk with Jasper to get to know him. As much as I declined she begged me. I can't say no to her. She is my everything and the thought of losing her, even for a second scared me. We were walking through the park, and the sun was starting to set. Jasper was happy to have his lead off. I was hesitant to take it off because I thought he'd run away but if anything, he just stayed by my side and walked with me. I'll admit this, he is a smart and trained dog. But we are still on the low terms with his licking and sneezing. We kept walking and there were a flock of birds.

"Shit," I groaned knowing her was going to chase him. We got closer and all he did was sit and stare at them.

"Let's go Jasper," I called, slipping his collar on. He barked once or twice to scare the birds off. He could really come in handy.