Chapter 4 Danni

I had never felt so horrible in my life. I felt like my whole world was spinning. My head was pounding so hard. My mouth was dry and my throat burning. I tried to open my eyes but the pain in my head just got worse. I rolled onto my stomach but regretted it when I felt vomit come up. I quickly shot my eyes open and ran to the closest toilet. I kept tripping over because everything was blurry. I forgot to grab my glasses. I felt around for the toilet and leaned in front of it. I let myself throw up. My stomach was cramping and churning. My head was spinning worse now. Everything was aching.

"Good morning," I groaned at the sound of laugher coming from Andy's voice.

"Or not," she added. I heard her walking towards me.

"Here," I squinted my eyes and saw a black blur. I grabbed it knowing they were my glasses and slipped them on.

"I put water and Advil on the bedside table for you,"

"Thanks," I mumbled, not looking at her.

"Do you remember last night?" My head hurt trying to think about it.

"Take that as a no,"

"Please leave me alone," I mumbled, feeling like I was going to throw up again.

"Alright but just know Yvette and Narla went for a walk. Seems she doesn't get a hangover," I rolled my eyes. Narla doesn't get a hangover because she knows how to drink.

"I'm making breakfast too when you're ready," I didn't reply to her. I heard her retreating out of the bathroom. I felt myself about to throw up again. I let myself throw up. This is worse then when I was morning sick. I would have the baby soon if I still had it. I felt my heart drop. I killed it. I flushed the toilet and stumbled towards the table. I grabbed the Advil and water and swallowed it. My head was pounding so bad. I noticed that I was still in my dress from last night. It was so uncomfortable. I made my way into Andy's room. I opened her first draw and grabbed a shirt. I opened the second draw and grabbed shorts. I didn't bother going into the bathroom I just changed there. While she was gone I did a lot of exercise. It was the only way to relieve what I was thinking. I had gained a lot of muscle and toned up well. I was proud of myself. I carried my dress and put it with my stuff. I walked down the stairs, feeling dizzy and stood at the kitchen doorway. Andy had her back turned to me in the fridge. She was wearing a t-shirt and pyjama bottoms. When she turned around we made eye contact. A smirk formed on her lips.

"Glad you could make yourself comfortable," she laughed, flipping pancakes in the pan. I ignored her comment and sat at the counter, resting my head in my hands.

"Not a hangover girl huh?"

"No," I groaned. I looked up when I heard her place glass down. I grabbed the orange juice and drank it.

"Yvette texted me and said they're going out for breakfast so it's just us," I closed my eyes and tried remembering what happened last night. I remember drinking a lot and sitting out on the balcony. I remember having a go at Andy too. Something inside me felt bad but she broke my heart. She placed a plate down in front of me. I could smell the cinnamon pancakes. It made me so hungry. She had added berries and fruit on the side. I felt her presence next to me when we sat down. It was awkward. We ate in silence. It wasn't that I was mad at her. I was upset. I was upset that she couldn't say goodbye. I was upset that she couldn't talk to me. I was upset that she thought her leaving would make me happier.

"Danni?"

"Sorry," I asked glancing up at her.

"I asked if you're okay? You haven't touched the food,"

"Fine," I replied, starting to eat. I just wanted her to understand how much it hurt. It hurt so much. We continued to eat in silence. I could feel her staring at me but I didn't look up. I couldn't because I knew I'd give in to her and I couldn't. I shouldn't.

"Excited to graduate?" She asked.

"Yes,"

"Same, I just want to finish school," I nodded, finishing the last of the pancakes.

"Okay we seriously need to talk," she sighed, cleaning our plates up.

"And if I don't want too?" I asked looking at her.

"You don't get a choice,"

"But you get one? You got a choice to leave without even thinking about it,"

"I did think about it for the two months I was in the hospital,"

"Clearly not good enough,"

"I couldn't stay here,"

"Like I could! You left like you leave all of your problems Andy!" I yelled. She looked taken back. I had never yelled at her but I was mad.

"I left because it was best for me,"

"Do you ever not think about yourself?"

"Really Danni?" She asked, throwing her hands up.

"Don't really me And! You know it's true! It's all about you all the time! It's the Andy show 24/7!"

"So me going to look after you while you were pregnant was about me? Or me going to your aid after Beatrice raped you was about me huh? Are you sure that it's not all about you Danni? Because to me it seems like it is,"

"Don't act like you're the victim here Andy! You fucking left without a goodbye!"

"Because I knew if I saw you I wouldn't be able to leave!"

"So don't fucking leave me!" I yelled, my voice cracking. I felt the tears forming in my eyes. She was quiet.

"I'm going home," I mumbled, leaving the kitchen. I grabbed my things out of the room and and headed down the stairs.

"I'll take you home-"

"I don't want to be anywhere near you," I told her. I barged past her, slamming the front door behind me. God she annoyed me.