8th birthday

Ezra and Sabine bounced up and down on their beds in excitement. Whooping and grinning as they jumped around. 

"Woah. Hey what's going on in here?" Kanan asked as he and Hera walked into the bedroom. 

"It's our eighth birthday in four days!" Ezra grinned.

"Just four more years and hello Hogwarts!" Sabine announced.

"Eighth birthday? You never told us your birthday were coming up" Hera remarked.

"Well, we don't normally celebrate our birthdays" Ezra told them. 

"Then why are you two so hyped?"

"Because we're getting old enough for Wizard School!" Sabine told them.

"Is both your birthday's on the same day?" Kanan asked.
"Yeah. We're five hours apart" Ezra replied.

Kanan and Hera glanced at one another. They knew they were good at planning any type of party. Just ask Zeb. And hearing that their son and daughter were having their birthday soon got them thinking.

Four days later...

"Wait so. What is this about?" Ezra asked as Kanan blindfolded him and lead him down the stairs.

"You'll see soon enough" Hera promised who'd done the same with Sabine.

Ezra and Sabine were lead by their parents to the lounge where the two adults took their hands off their shoulders.

"Take your blindfolds off" Kanan told them.

The kids did what they were told and gasped at what met their gaze. Rainbow coloured streamers hung from the walls, balloons were tied to the rafters, a large cake sat on the table and a pile of presents sat on the couch. Zeb was grinning at them from the seats with Sato on his shoulder. Chopper sat beside the older boy, purring​ to himself with Scales on his head. Ezra and Sabine looked like they were about to faint.

"You guys did this for us?" Ezra asked looking round at Kanan and Hera.

"Of course. Your part of our family aren't you?" Hera said.

Ezra and Sabine threw their arms around their parents and hugged them tightly.

"Thank you" they whispered in sync.

Ezra and Sabine received many things. Toys, books, clothes and even Kallus had sent them a gift each. For Sabine was an art pad with some water colouring pencils. And Ezra got a realistic wood carving of a wolf that looked a lot like Mira. Zeb had given Sabine some hair chalk and for Ezra a book full of mythical creatures. 
The cake, that had been made my Hera, was incredible. The siblings could taste the love in the sweetness of the baking. 

Later that night, Kanan and Hera let loose the fireworks they'd bought for the occasion. The Jarrus family sat on the roof as they lit up the starry sky. Ezra leant on Kanan's left shoulder while Hera was on her husbands right, with an arm around Sabine. After the fireworks display was over, a choir of howls echoed around the woodland. Kanan and Hera had told the wolves about Ezra and Sabine's birthday and the dogs were interested. The call they were howling almost sounded like a song. Kanan and Hera reconised it. It was the lullaby they'd sometimes sang to the wolves when they were pups. The wolves clearly knew it well because they were singing it in their own way. The song seemed to have been working because while it wasn't being sung by a human, it still had a calming effect. Kanan and Hera knew this because Sabine and Ezra had fallen asleep in their arms.

"Poor kids. All tuckered out" Zeb smiled.

"They probably haven't had a time as good as this back at the orphanage" Kanan said quietly.

The family fell silent, gazing up at the stars.

"We did good" Hera whispered to Kanan who nodded.

Ezra and Sabine were part of their family. In short, they deserved everything Hera and Kanan could give them.