Chapter 26

Kendrick POV (if you don't remember it's misty's dad)

My mate was my life. I loved her so much. I remember the first time I met Haley...

Flashback..

It's a fine tuesday morning isn't it! The sun isn't shining, the grass is brown and crunchy, and there's crime in the air.

What should I do today? Rob a bank? shift into a wolf and scare a baby? mmmm decisions decisions.

Eh I'm a little tired so let's stick to the basics. Rob a corner store it is!

Ever since I dropped out of high school I looked to crime for money and entertainment.Everyday I had to steal something to eat or put on so I could live, but it's not like it was any different from when I lived with my parents.

They paid absolutely no attention to me even though I am next in line to be alpha. After they had my baby sister Felicia all their attention went to her. They didn't care about what I did. At first I was happy to have so much freedom but then it got to the point of them saying I couldn't eat because that food couldn't be wasted with me when it could feed Felicia.So I started stealing food and anything else I needed.

Soon I left school and moved out of the pack house promising to return only after my fathers death so I could resume my alpha position.

So here I am about to steal my breakfast. Again! But it's alright because at some point I began to enjoy being a crook.Call me insane but it's the truth.

Anyways I put on my ski mask and stroll into the store with my gun in hand.

"Give me all your money and no one gets hurt!"

Wait that wasn't me it was the most melodic voice known to man. As I took a whiff I smelt something amazing. Beer and tobacco. yup my type of woman!

As I got closer I could see more of her features she had perfect curves with long brown hair. She is wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a tight fitting black short sleeve shirt. To cover her face she had a red folded bandana going from the bridge of her nose to the end of her chin.Her hazel eyes lured me into her trap.

With out greeting her I just went for it.I had my eyes on the target. I was going to mark her as mine. Because she is MINE and this will show it! Making my K-9s elongate I went for her neck. Good thing the clerk was on the ground already or my cover definitely would have been blown.

Just as I was about to bite her I had a hand on my neck.

"Woah there mate what do you you think your doing?"

"Uh uh....."

"Uh uh well it look like you was about to mark me without permission but Im wrong aren't I"

I just stared at her not knowing what to say

"Because my mate wouldn't do that right?" I just nod. wow she's so breathtaking. She let's me out of her hold even though I kind of didn't want her to because those sparks are very addictive.

"So does my mate have a name?"

Oh my goddess what's my name! Adam? Zeke? Brenda? no that's a girls name!

"Well whoever you are my name is Haley and I'm kind of busy at the moment" she says gesturing to the elderly man still laying on the ground shaking with fear.

"Call me"

End of flashback

Now my amazing mate is dead all because of our mistake Misty. I promise she will pay when I get my hands on her.

"Alpha she's gotten her powers!" Screams my omega of the pack. He's been spying on her recently to ensure that I'm the first to know when she gets her powers.

I know what your thinking. Isn't she more powerful now?

Technically yes but I know her weakness. I hope she got my note because I think I'm ready to pay my 'daughter' a little visit.

----------------------------------------------

Comment?!.....Vote?!.....Follow?!......

Shout out to my new editor @lesleycollis ,thanks for editing my mate is my life support. I didn't want your work to go unnoticed so I gave you a shout out. So everyone please follow this amazing person!