Chapter 6

Kyle P.O.V.

I wake up to the loud scream and immediately knew it was from my mate. I woke up in my and sprang into action in some kind of fighting stance that I saw in a Jackie Chan movie but immediately fell on the floor. Ugh.... what was that all about? I look up at my now empty bed. Huh where she go? Suddenly I heard the most beautiful sound in the world. It was a giggle. It was so small and almost sounded like a child's giggle which just makes my mate even more adorable. I got to learn her name! I can't just keep calling her mate maybe I can make up a nickname until she tells me. Um let's see....from what I can tell she's beautiful, no I'm lying, she's gorgeous. Anyways her eyes remind me the sky on a clear day after a light morning drizzle. I can tell that once I break her out of her shell she'll have a unique and colorful personality so that reminds me of how after it rains a beautiful rainbow emerges from the mist I form a beautiful rainbow and everyone knows what's at the end of the rainbow. The pot of god is like the golden specks that give just a splash of wisdom in her eyes in my opinion. She's just so beautiful and magical! I got the perfect nickname for her! Wow I'm already whipped. I'm supposed to be a ruthless alpha not a guy who goes gaga over the mate he knows nothing about.

I follow her scent into my closet to find her inside of one of my suitcases with the zipper only slightly unzipped. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm her mate, I wouldn't have found her. She's so small, she can fit I to a lot of corners and cabinets and stuff like that. I hate to say it but she could probably beat me at hiding seek and I am awesome at that game. I'm not gonna brag but I once got my whole pack looking for me for three and a half hours before I decided to show myself.

"Where oh where has my skittles gone?" By the way skittles is my nickname for her.

"Is she over here?" I said pretending to look behind some of my clothes earning another short fit of giggles.

"Is she up here" I ask looking up at some of the shelves moving some shoe boxes over to add effect.

More laughter! I'm so happy I'm actually the cause for her happiness!

"Nope guess she's not there, hmm she couldn't be .... Nope.....she can't be in the suitcase, that's impossible." I said rolling my eyes getting ready to unzip the bag.

Just a little more until it's open. I can hear her heart beat pick up. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I'm just ready to hold her in my arms already. It's been way too long.

"Found ya!" she giggles again and nods while beginning to move out of the suitcase.

"Ya know, I could've been hearing things but I could have sworn that I heard you laughing at me when I fell off the bed. I don't appreciate that." I say hoping to play around with her some more but her smile vanished. She started trembling and backing away from me.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I didn't mean to, please don't, I thought that, uh uh, I'm so sorry please don't hurt me" she whimpers backing all way up into the corner farthest from me.

"I was just joking skittles, I would never harm you"

"S-s-s-skit-t-les?" She stutters out with her angelic voice.

"Well I have to call you something since i don't know your name and you remind me of a rainbow, beautiful and rare so skittles came to my mind. Do you like it?" i ask nervously.

She nods and I exhale the breath that I unknowingly held.

"What time is it?" she asks.

I look at my watch and tell her it's exactly 4.

She looks scared for a second but then hides it and says "I need to go home"

I offer her a ride but she quickly turns me down. That gets me suspicious, what is my little skittle hiding from me? I'll let her go for now, But this doesn't mean I won't follow her.