Chapter 4

Misty's P.O.V.

All my life I've been saying that my mate wouldn't want me. So I came to the conclusion that I didn't want one. Although it would be nice not to be hurt for a change. I kind of want to be loved by someone and know that in their eyes I'm perfect even if I'm far from it. I want to wake up every morning happy to be in the embrace of the person I will be with for the rest of my life. I want- wait what am I saying! Who cares about what I want!? It's not like he wants me! He's going to reject me! He's just like all the men in my life - hold up why is he following me?

"Hey wait up!" He yelled.

No! I don't want to bear the burden of rejection yet! I need time!

I just kept running knowing that if I stop now I'd probably break down. At some point though I will be forced to stop by the lack of stamina. He on the other hand is getting really close to me and looks like he can go on for hours.

Usually a normal werewolf would be able to run in human form for at least 4 hours before getting tired but I'm not a normal wolf. I don't get fed enough to even have contact with my wolf anymore, I only hear her on rare occasions.

I run outside and stop by a giant tree and hide behind it while I try to catch my breath. Does anyone else feel like the room is spinning? I feel light headed.

SNAP!

He stepped on a stick and I turned my attention on him. I didn't notice before but he is very well built. I can see his 6 pack right through his shirt. And don't even get me started with his lips. They look so full, pink, and luscious I wander how they would feel on mine. What! I mentally slapped myself. He's a guy he'll treat me the same as everyone else! But my god he is making it almost impossible for me to run from him.

Is it just me or did he just suddenly become a twin. Why is everything becoming so blurry and moving in a circular motion? The closer my mate got the worst I felt. It was at that moment that I welcomed the darkness.

Kyles P.O.V.

I cradle my beautiful mate in my arms. She's so pale its almost sick looking. Usually werewolves have natural tanned skin so why not her? Carefully I lift her up and carry her toward my car to lay her down in the back. I was starting to drive her to my house when Seth mind links me. "Dude where did you run off to? All the pack members are worried sick! Are you with that new hot chick?" I can hear him smirking.

I growled and his wolf cowards away, he knows not to be around me when I'm angry, " That new hot chick is my mate and your Luna so don't you dare call her 'hot' got it pup!"

He answers immediately with "yes alpha sorry."

I felt bad for snapping at him even though it was for a good reason he is my best friend and he didn't know this girl is my mate, speaking of that girl I need to find out her name, "sorry man I didn't mean to snap at ya you know how it is when you first find your mate your emotions run frantic. Plus with me being Alpha and all is worse."

I remember the first time he found Roni he wouldn't allow neither guys nor girls to even glance at her without throwing a fit. "So..... where are y'all?"

"We're headed home, I think I scared her because she fainted once we got outside. We're probably not coming back to school today so I leave you in charge of watching over everyone while in school. Report anything suspicious"

"Yes sir"

We finally get home to where my mother is peacefully laying on the couch watching tv.

She's never really busy nowadays. Ever since dad died and I took over the alpha position life's been simple for her. She still grieves over the loss of her mate though. We can all see how depressed she gets at times even when she tries to hide it.

"Oh hi honey, what you doing home from school so early?" She asks not noticing the angel in my arms yet.

"I found my mate" she widens her eyes when she finally sees my mate.

"Oh my, what happened to her?"

"She just passed out after I found her. I guess I kind of surprised her"

"Yeah but she's so pale and....... thin"

"I know and I will ask her about that but first she needs to rest." she nods her head and kisses my cheek.

"I'm glad you finally found her. She truly is beautiful."

"Thanks mom."

I walk up the staircase to the fourth floor aka the alphas headquarters and my room.

It's a simple bedroom blue and black king size bed fit for two, hopefully my mate and I can share it someday, walk in closet and a bathroom. I guess you could say it's a pretty big room but I grew used to it. I lay her down on my bed and began to walk away but she whimpers. I smile because that means she misses my touch. I slide in next to her and fall into the best sleep I have had in ages.

----------------------------------------------

Comment?!...Vote?!....Follow?!....