"Klaus. You need to listen to them" Hayley says as I struggle to get free. I already know that without having to look up, Klaus will be staring at me with some sort of victorious smirk on his face.

"Get your slimy hands off of me." I snap at the witches, resulting in them holding me tighter. "Jeez-" I exasperate," I was only asking."

I was right, Klaus is grinning at me as I look up, unwillingly might I add," 4 weeks, I didn't expect you to last that long" I glare at him in annoyance.

"Marcel may be able to keep up from practising real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift...of sensing when a girl is pregnant." The Devreux witch smirks.

"What?" Klaus asks, all amusement quickly leaving his face.

I know it's impossible... " Hayley says before being interrupted.

" What are you saying? " Klaus asks, straight faced and for the first time in a while, confused.

"Niklaus...Evie is carrying your child" Elijah supplies, speaking up for the first time since I came into the room.

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate." Klaus says, defiantly, yet on his face rests something foreign that looks a little like. Hope, wonder? I don't know.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Sophie says in some sort of godly, heavenly voice.

"You better not have been with someone else." Klaus growls to me as my eyebrows furrow in pure annoyance.

" 4 weeks on the run, from you might I add, and I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" I growl, my tone angrier than his one. 10 points for Evie.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Evie won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress"

"You can let go now." I snap at the witches, Sophie gives them a nod and they both let go, causing me to stumble slightly, finding myself being supported by Klaus, causing me to scowl. He tightens his hold on me so that I can't wriggle out.

" Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself" Elijah says, standing beside Hayley.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." The witch says, an authoritative tone.

"How dare you command me..."His voice raises to a shout," threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. I won't hear any more lies. Evie is Not pregnant"

"Niklaus. Listen." Elijah starts, not quick enough since Klaus has already vamp sped out of the room, taking me with him.

___________________________________________________________________

I decide to be quiet and not argue as Klaus takes my hand, half dragging me down a deserted street in silence, anger radiating off of him.

"Niklaus." Elijah calls, catching up to us after a short amount of time.

"It's a trick, Elijah"Klaus replies firmly, stopping in his path.

"No, brother. It's gift. It's your chance-- it's our chance." Elijah says, looking between the three of us."To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined-- we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted-- all that we have ever wanted was a family"

"I will not be manipulated."Klaus growls affirmatively.

" So they're manipulating you. So what? With them, Evie, your wife and her child-- your child-- live." Elijah says, speech pants on, neat and tidy, he has definitely thought this through.

" I'm gonna kill every last one of them" Klaus growls.

"Like you killed my Mother?" I ask sourly, Elijah gives me a sad look as Klaus groans in annoyance.

"Not the time Evie."

"People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me power?" Klaus asks. I pull my hand away from him roughly.

"I am going to take my child, birth my child and raise my child.You can sod off." I try to walk away, but, of course, he grabs me by the waste before I can do so.

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty-- that's power." Elijah smiles" This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognise as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save your wife. Save your child."

It is silent for a few moments as we both stare at Klaus.

"No." Klaus says, throwing me over his shoulder as he walks off, calling back over his shoulder.

"And she's not pregnant!"

______________________________________________________________________

Klaus walks into a party, dragging me behind him like before s he approaches a tall, thin man.

"Hey, man. Where'd you run off to?" He asks, a flirty tone then comes to his voice. "And you are?" He asks me.

"You mean your minions aren't still documenting my every move?" Klaus asks, sourly.

"Someone put you in a mood. What can I do?" The man asks, sounding misplaced powerful.

"He;s always in a mood." I mutter under my breath, smelling vampires everywhere.

"What you can do is you can tell me what this thing is you have with the witches. And this is Evie, don't get any ideas, she's married." The man stares at our hands for a second in confusion, not knowing who I'm married to.

"Oh, we're back to that?" The man asks, sounding like he'd rather not talk about it.

"You know I owe you everything I got, but I'm afraid I have to draw the line on this one. This is my business. I control the witches in my town. Let's just leave it at that." the man continues, trying to draw the subject to a close.

" Your town?"Klaus asks, an intimidating tone to his voice.

"Damn straight" The man replies, he looks at my hand again, turning back to Klaus."You say she's married, but I don't see no ring." He smirks. Annoyed, Klaus rips a thin gold chain from around his neck, slipping a ring off of it and sliding it onto my finger. He gives me a pointed look as the mans eyes double in size, noticing the matching ring on Klaus's finger, about to point it out before Klaus beats him to it.

"That's funny, because when I left a hundred years ago, you were just a pathetic little scrapper still trembling from the lashes of the whips of those who would keep you down, and now look at you. Master of your domain. Prince of the city." He pauses as everyone turns to look in our direction.

_____________________________________________________________________

S.E