Chapter forty nine

Start from the beginning

After she had calmed down and found a seat and started to drink their coffee she asked Connor how far on he thought she was "I think you are about nine weeks but we need to get you checked out by the pack midwife" he smiled before reaching over to place a kiss on her head. "So how soon can we get married?" she asked dreamily as she stared out the window "We can be married within a month" he replied "But it will be hectic with two ceremonies" he groaned.

Adelaide's mind wandered into a dream world thinking about what their perfect wedding would be like, what dress to wear, what cake to have, what tartan to have. 'McLeod tartan!' she smiled feeling excited about her choice, at least her official surname would be McLeod on their marriage certificate, but what about her real name? Did she have a birth certificate? Did she sign Adelaide or Sofia?

She went to go and find Connor; she tracked his scent that took her upstairs and along the vast hallway. She found him hard at work in his office; she knocked before peering through the door. He looked really busy as he typed away like a maniac on his keyboard. He looked up and smiled at Adelaide before patting a seat that was placed beside his "Come, sit with me" he grinned with a glint in his eye. Adelaide shrugged and sauntered over to the seat.

Once she had sat down Connor twisted the flat screen monitor round to show Adelaide the screen, her jaw dropped as she stared at a bank statement for a prepaid bank card "I have put £10,000 on the card, if you need anymore just ask and I will transfer some more" he said in a matter of fact tone. Adelaide just sat there with her jaw on the floor; it took ages before she could actually speak. "I haven't a clue what or where to go?" she said still in a daze. Connor put his arm protectively round her shoulder "I have arranged a wedding planner for you, he will be here at midday, after all you have two weddings to plan and we haven't even told your human parents yet!" Connor argued when she looked rather unsure.

Adelaide was pleasantly surprised when the wedding planner showed up; he was not what she was expecting. When she was told it was a man she was expecting a big muscle bound man like nearly every other male in the village but nope he was really slim and as he introduced himself he was so obviously gay.

She was told that he was the best wedding planner in Scotland and he was a werewolf as well so was completely trusted. His name was Ryan and he was one of very few werewolves whom the spirits had naturally selected a same sex mate for. He was early thirties with perfectly groomed hair and impeccable style. She knew straight away that they would get on fine.

Today was really just to get an idea of what sort of wedding she wants and what could be done in the short space of time, Connor had already told her that they would be going out to dinner tonight in the human village and that her parents would be invited so they could break the news. Ryan gave her a list of approved people to use for catering, entertainment, flowers and all the wedding attire. But this was for mainly their wedding, the human one would be after the main one so her parents could contribute ideas for that one.

After about two hours of sifting through magazines and brochures, Adelaide had a pretty good idea of what she wanted. She wanted a simple earthy ceremony at the gathering place with all the men in McLeod tartan but she was still unsure of what dress for that one. For the human one she wanted the works, church big dress the lot, it would be good fun and a complete indulgency that she normally didn't bother about. This was the end of long journey which had taken her to where she was meant to be.

Connor called her through their mind link to phone her parents to tell them that they would be taking them out at eight. As it was Friday she was sure that her parents would agree as neither of them had work the next day, they never went out on weekdays. She took out her phone and waited as the phone rang and rang without an answer; her stomach was in knots as her mind started thinking up reasons why they weren't answering. "Idiot!" she grumbled as she noticed it was only 3 o'clock in the afternoon, both her parents were still at work.

She managed to get hold of them after 6 o'clock and was glad when they jumped at the chance although her mum tried her best to get the reason out of her. Now her stomach was feeling really bad. She didn't understand why they called it morning sickness; she seemed to have it round the clock. The meal was booked for eight so she used her mind link to Connor to tell him that she was going out for a run to get some fresh air.

As Adelaide stood there on all four paws with her snowy fur blowing relentlessly in the harsh Scottish wind but shifting gave her a sense of calm and freedom that as a human she didn't have that luxury. She closed her eyes and allowed her wolf to rise up through her and take partial control. Her wolf full of excitement reared up onto her back legs before darting off through the trees at top speed.

Before long she has came across a small stream that ran down from the hills and stopped to drink the ice cold fresh water before setting off again, Adelaide ran through the purple and white heather and chased the odd pheasant that was startled by her. She ran higher and higher up the steep slopes as the wind battered her strong body but she carried on none the less. She gasped at the beauty of her view as she reached the summit and spun around taking in full panoramic views of the valleys below.

She smiled as she could still see the pack house and a few other pack members' homes that were normally out of view, but she was so much higher than the trees that shrouded them. She then scanned the horizon and sighed when the small village that she grew up in lay in the distance. She wasn't sure if she was homesick or maybe it was the whole werewolf, pregnant to an Alpha with alpha blood in her herself, now she was in charge of two weddings thing. Adelaide sighed and shook her head, "No wonder some choose to stay as wolfs permanently" she thought before a tingling feeling hit her, a feeling that she was being watched and not in a nice way.