Chapter Twenty-five

Adelaide woke to the sound of a shower, she sat up and realised that Connor was taking a shower, she wondered what it would be like to join him. Suddenly a wicked thought came into her head, she swung her legs out from the covers and tiptoed over to the en-suite that was now full of steam from the hot water, and she took a step towards the shower and spied the towel hanging on the shower door. She grabbed it and quickly ran out the bathroom giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Adelaide! Bring that back or you will be sorry" he groaned "Come and get it" she grinned and wrapped the large towel round her naked body. Connor burst out the room and glanced at Adelaide "You are going to wear me out" he smiled before picking Adelaide up and returned to the shower with her in his arms. Connor stood her under the hot water and kissed her lips with a heated passion, they both washed each other paying extra attention to certain areas which Adelaide thought was the most erotic thing she had ever experienced. It took them another hour before they where ready to head downstairs.

Connor made them both a coffee and some toast and sat down at the table "I have something I need you to do!" he said with a sigh, Adelaide just sat there with a puzzled look on her face "I need to formally introduce you to the pack, only then can I accept you into my pack" he said with a nervous look on his face "Sure, when?" she said simply while shrugging her shoulders, Connor smiled at her easy going manner, he loved how she trusted him completely. "I would rather do it today, I have a monthly pack meeting at the end of every month, and that's today. I don't know how long I can keep you in the house, once you are introduced to everyone then we have a couple of days training before you go back home again" he finished speaking before his face fell "What's wrong?" Adelaide asked reaching for his hand "I don't want you to leave" he sulked rubbing his thumb over the palm of her hand. Adelaide just smiled, things we're progressing really fast, but she didn't know how she was going to cope without Connor at her side all day and have to go home to her small cold empty bed. She sighed in agreement with Connor.

He had arranged the meeting as usual for midday, he hadn't announced that his yet unknown mate was joining him, he smiled to himself 'just wait till they see her' he knew that she would be the talk of the pack for weeks at least. He also knew that they would love her and treat her with respect due to her being their new Alpha female.

To say Adelaide was nervous was an understatement; she was feeling sick to her stomach with dread. It was now close to meeting time and she felt like crap, what Alpha female spews her guts up before a simple meeting, although she hadn't quite got to that stage yet...but she was close.

"Time to go, are you ready?" Connor raised his eyebrow when he spotted how pale she was, he chuckled lightly before walking over to the corner of the room, she sat on the floor with her knees touching her delicate chin "I don't want to go...they are going to laugh at me!" she whined. He shook his head and pulled her up "They are going to love you" he grinned.

Now they had fully mated the necessity had gone but their love for each other was growing stronger with each passing day, even a simple touch from her hand was telling his head to screw the meeting and carry her up to their bed. But it wasn't their bed, it was his, her bed was still in the human village and in a few days she would return, this thought was unbearable. Sooner or later she had to be here indefinitely...and soon!

By the time they reached the clearing, the whole pack was already assembled. They immediately turned to stare at her, she looked at Connor for some sort of assurance, he squeezed her hand gently "It will be fine...relax" he whispered in her ear. She sighed and carried on walking beside him, she noticed that the older women where smiling at her, the older men where patting Connor on the back, but the younger ones were completely different, the girls where scowling at her and the younger men where just blatantly staring at her with their mouths open. She looked at Connor with a confused look "They are just jealous" he grinned and pulled her closer to his side in a sign of possession.