Chapter Twenty-seven

Adelaide washed and packed the clothes that Sam had given her but borrowed enough to wear home, she sighed, the last few days had gone in no time, they had a long lie every morning although sleeping in was the furthest from their minds. Connor then spent hours teaching her to fight although his male pride had taken a beating; she was a very fast learner. She grinned at all the times he lay on the ground winded but totally denying it.

They spent the evenings either at Connors house or at Sam and Colin's house although his parents did tend to drop by whenever they pleased, normally at very inappropriate times. Adelaide had told Connor numerous times to lock the door but he just laughed it off. But it was the nights the Adelaide was going to miss the most. It wasn't the sex she would miss although she would! But the closeness to Connor as she cuddled into him, those nightmares so far in the past that it was only now a distant memory.

"Adelaide, are you ready?" Connor shouted from downstairs "Yip one sec" she replied taking one more look at the huge room they had shared for over a week now. She knew that her mum would be going spare with worry, but she was old enough to live her own life she counteracted.

She walked down the stairs to a sulking Connor, she smiled trying to lighten the mood, but her smile quickly turned to a frown "I'm really going to miss you" she sniffed cuddling into his chest just to feel close to him again "Hey, I will be there to pick you up everyday" he sighed resting his chin on her head and holding her as if it was the last time he would see her.

The journey home was a quiet one, neither of them felt like talking. "We have to sort this out!" Connor spoke for the first time as he parked outside her house, he had taken the jeep as her going one was not a special occasion. "I know" Adelaide sighed deeply looking towards the twitching curtains.

Sure enough as soon as her mum looked out the window she had run and flung open the front door "Adelaide where the hell have you been, you never even bothered to phone...and you!" she said pointing her finger at Connor who sat with an amused look on his face "You better not be leading my little girl astray" she scolded before grinning and walking back into the house.

Adelaide and Connor just looked at each other and Connor shrugged his shoulders clearly having no idea at her mother's behaviour. They kissed goodbye before noticing the twitching curtains again. Adelaide sighed and closed the passenger door and waited for him to leave before running up the steps to the front door.

As soon as she walked through the door her mum was standing there clapping her hands like a schoolgirl "I think I can guess where you have been, I just hope you both have been careful...what the hell I don't mind being a granny!" she giggled watching Adelaide turn bright red "Aaawww, you are soo cute!" she laughed "I want all the gory details" she said plonking herself down on the sofa "Mum, come on as if!" she mumbled into a cushion.

She gave her mum half the story, she told her that her and Connor were dating and yes they have been sleeping together...and that she wanted to live there permanently. Her mum nearly choked when she was told the last bit "You hardly know him, how can you be sure that it will work?" she whined at the thought of losing her but this was always going to happen.

"I have to do one thing though and you may not like it" Adelaide sighed "I want to give up working at the cafe" she mumbled "Oh really that's good" Adelaide sat with her mouth open just staring at her mum "Well I have sort of enjoyed working with Cathy again, I forgot how much I missed it" she beamed.

She formed a plan in her head; she would rest for a few hours before returning to Connor's house before he set off to go to her work...what a shock he would get. She lazed around in the living room talking to her mum about anything and everything that they could think about.

At 2 o'clock she decided to head off over to Connors place and was smart enough to take a small bag, she took all her clothes off and placed them in the bag before shifting into her pure white wolf relishing in the massive surge of energy that filled her body, she picked up the bag in her teeth and ran off in the direction of Connors land.

Adelaide was powering on allowing full reign to her wolf who rejoiced at being free, she was prancing round carefree feeling top of the world. Suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks. Standing right in front of her was a huge black dog snarling at her with huge white teeth, the dog was chained to a man with something in his hands...what was that?

The man was holding some sort of weapon, and before she had time to react she felt a sharp pain in her side, she howled in pain and called out for help. Her wolf fought the dart and managed to bite a chunk of flesh out of the man's arm causing him to fall clutching his arm. Her wolf laughed to herself before succumbing to the effects of the dart although she was still semi conscious, she called out to two people, Connor and her dad.