intertwined

(This next part is made up only of the background characters and their plots. The time of this chapter intertwines with the time of the last one in the elders day off. This chapter is shitty but necassary for later and I wanted to start updating again.)

Intertwine part 1: Grant and his guide

<Grant>

With the sudden free day while McKinley was sick, and Young out Gathering supplies for Elder Church, I chose to spend my day working in the garage doing work on the missionary Jeep.

It was due for an oil change and could use a good scrub down since some dry blood still stained it from McKinley's run in with the general weeks ago.

I heard footsteps approaching me as I laid on the roller under the Jeep but didn't check to see who it was figuring it was either Young back from his errands or Thomas playing mother and checking on me.

"Hello Elder Grant," I was surprised when the unfamiliar voice Stood Beside my legs.

I pushed myself out from underneath and stared up at the Intruder, "I'm sorry sir you can't be in here."

He tugged at his clothes, which looked like white scrubs, seeming as if he was trying to make a good first appearance, "I only go where I am told, and that was to be here with you."

I quickly stood up eying him suspiciously, "what do you mean? Who are you?"

"I'm Jeffrey, and I'm here because you need guidance," he stuck his hand out for me to take but I didn't accept it.

"you mean like an angel?" I tried not to get my hopes up, because I do have a prayer I've been praying for awhile now asking for guidance. Was this a response to my request?

"I prefer guiding Spirit," he informed me, "I'm here to answer your questions on love. You're in love with a certain elder aren't I right?"

"If you're my guiding spirit aren't you suppose to know?" I challenged skeptically.

"And I do," he smirked, "you're in love with Elder Young. I know more about you two then you know about yourselves! Which is why I'm here, I'll tell you exactly what you need to do to win his heart."

I bit my lip considering his offer and cleared the work bench hopping up to sit on it, "You make it sound simple."

It wasn't that I was afraid to love a man the way I do even though all of my life I've been told it's wrong. I couldn't seem to comprehend how it was ok for a man to love many women in a physical way but not one single man.

My family wasn't too harsh on the topic of homosexuality which is why I'm sure it doesn't bother me or warp my dreams like it does to others of my faith. My mom and dad knew they had no right to judge when they commited sins of adultery quite often.

My mother reminds me a lot of Elder McKinley, both so far up the closet because of their beliefs. Is it really worth following though if you have to pretend your whole life you're something your not?

What I was afraid of though was losing my best friend. I could handle him rejecting me as a lover but we had grown so close I'd be crushed to lose him as a friend too.

Maybe I was sent a spirit to guide me and I'll win young's heart. Either that or I'm being punished for my pursuit.

"If I were to agree to your help what would you have in mind?" I asked him.

"Winning his heart would be easy, he already has feelings for you. It's keeping his heart that will be hard," He told me.

"He has feelings for me..?"