Chapter 12

ONE WEEK LATER

My heart was pounding in my chest as I climbed the stage to begin the welcome address for my group presentation. As I stood there, I couldn't help but shake. But it wasn't out of nervousness but pride. I was so proud of myself that in less than three weeks I had over came my shallow aspect of my self.

I was really happy standing there in front of not only my classmates but other students and teachers and of course parents. And mum came. Paul didn't though I didn't care.

"Hola y como te va?" hello and how are you doing? In Spanish. "Eres bienvenido hoy par a ver nuestro drama titulado orgullo de la amistad." You are welcome today to watch our drama titled Pride of friendship. "Estaremos felices si te acomodas y disfrutas. Gracias." We'll be happy if you  sit back and watch. Thank you.

The audience clapped for me as I left and the drama began.

In our drama, we acted all what had happened to us three the past few weeks. When we needed to act other characters; take for instance when we acted how Caramel was taunting me and Oliver defended me, Melvin acted as Caramel. It was really hilarious seeing Melvin dress like a girl. The whole audience laughed at that display.

I bet the climax of our drama was when we acted the part where we had reconciled in the auditorium. It was there we preached the real pride of friendship with included forgiveness and working as a team.

We ended the drama with me hugging Oliver, Oliver hugging Melvin and then..... Melvin and I hugging. Actually that was my favorite part.

We received a lot of applause. The audience couldn't stop applauding. When Ms. Dough noticed this, she cancelled other presentation because she felt that it was best the visitors, most especially our parents left with the impression that Group A's performance was how good her Spanish classes were.

"That was great guys." Ms. Ryan said hugging us three after the play was over. "You guys killed it."

"Thanks ma." Oliver said. "We couldn't have done this if we didn't get back together." I said looking at Oliver and Melvin. "I couldn't have pulled through without the two of you."

"We wouldn't have pulled through without you too." They both said.

"Aww look at you three. You guys make a lovely team." Ms. Ryan praised.

"Leah." Mum called as she hugged me. "that was so fantastic dear." She commended.

"Thanks mum. A work of a team."

"You three did marvelously well. I couldn't have been more proud." Mum commended.

"I guess you're right." Ms. Ryan chipped in. "They all deserve a good threat. Don't you think so Laura?" Ms. Ryan said.

"You're right Ryan." I had earlier introduced them before the start of the play. "A nice outing would do." Mum smiled.

"You three should hang out."

"That would be great." Oliver said. "But wait, isn't your sibling going to be a month old in 2 days time?" Melvin said. "Why don't we all celebrate then. I mean it's going to be double celebration."

"You remembered?" I asked Melvin. "I never forgot." He said.

I had never thought he would remember. I had told him some days ago when we were rehearsing for our drama.

"I guess you're right." Ryan said. "That means it's going to be double celebration." Ryan said joyfully. We all laughed at that.

"I didn't see your parents today." I told Oliver as we were busy arranging our drama equipment we had used. Melvin had excused himself to talk to some of his invited friends.

"Well dad couldn't make it. Business related I guess." He wasn't really happy.

"I hope you know we'll be there for you. Melvin and I. don't forget that." I said.

"I know." He said. "So when are you going to confess your feelings to Melvin?" I looked at Oliver in surprise.

"Lower your voice, someone might hear you." I was already blushing.

"Wow, it's a good thing you didn't deny it."

"How did you know I had feelings for him?"

"Well I noticed how dazed you always were anytime Melvin looked or smiled at you. And to top it all, I saw the gift you constructed for him. In your bedroom."

I smiled. The gift I had made almost 4 weeks ago.

"I guess there's going to be a perfect time for that." I said looking at Melvin who was some inches away from us smiling and conversing with his friends. "Till then, I don't mind waiting."