The Greek

I here by present all the symbolism I've found. I've analysed statues, artworks, 'Demian' quotes and more, to understand the Blood Sweat & Tears MV.

At the beginning of the MV the boys enter an art museum. There are lots of statues to examine here. Let's have a quick look at what's going on.

 Let's have a quick look at what's going on

Rap Monster is reading a book to Jungkook. I'm going to assume that he's reading 'Demian: The Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth' by Herman Hesse, since the quotes Rap Monster read in the Wings short films (and later in this MV) are from 'Demian'.

Later in this MV Rap Monster reads another quote from the book: "He too was a tempter; he, too, was a link to the second [world], the evil world with which I no longer wanted to have anything to do."

In 'Demian' this is a quote in which Sinclair thinks about Demian who is a friend and mentor to Sinclair.

The story of Sinclair and Demian makes me think about how BTS have been paired off (a younger member with an older mentor-like member). 1. Jungkook and Rap Monster 2. Jimin and Suga 3. V and J-Hope

If you truly want to uncover all the symbolism in this new mv and the short films, I urge Armies to read 'Demian', as it's all very complex to talk about here...

[If you don't want to know about all the statues, scroll down until you see a screenshot of Jin looking at that big painting.]

Next we have V and J-Hope who are admiring a statue

Next we have V and J-Hope who are admiring a statue. I was unable to find the original but my art background tells me that it looks an awful lot like a Four Seasons statue of Autumn.

Four Seasons statues are a sculpture set of four pieces, one for each of the Seasons. The Autumn sculptures of Four Seasons sets are usually depicted with a goblet in hand and grapes, or another such autumn harvest in the other hand.

Autumn is a time of transition during which wine is typically made (grapes mature into wine, which has often been associated with intellect).

The statue to the right (torso and head) is a torso extract of the famous sculpture 'Laocoon and His Sons' which is put forward as being the icon for complete suffering and agony.