Sebastian & Lily

Sebastian & Lily

Sebastian quite liked Lily when she was on a boat. The girl became quiet, cautious of the water, and didn't ramble as much as she used to when she was on land.

She didn't, however, let go of Bash's hand. If anything, her grip kept increasing the more they traveled out to open waters.

Lily's breathing quivered as she tapped her leg anxiously. She tried her hardest to distract herself from the rocking of the ocean. The ride had barely begun, and Sebastian knew it was going to be a while before they even saw land again, so he tried to come up with different ways to distract the frightened girl.

He tried telling her stories about Peter and Evelina, how the two young lovers were taken from each other so drastically. But he quickly stopped spilling tales when Lily began to ask more detailed questions to Sebastian's stories.

But of course it didn't stop her from asking the questions.

"Who is this Peter? Is he your best friend?" Lily asked as she turned her body to Bash. The boy shrugged and cleared his throat.

"One of them I guess. I'm closer to Felix-"

"Who's Felix?"

Sebastian's eye twitched when she interrupted.

"My best friend, I suppose." He mumbled and Lily pressed on.

"You said we're traveling to find this one girl. What's her name?"

"Evelina."

"What's her last name?"

"Why do you need go know?"

"I'm just curious." Lily shrugged but stared at Sebastian until he answered.

"Her full name is Evelina Iris Frost. She moved north and we are looking for her because Peter has been in a foul mood ever since she left." Bash explained and Lily quirked her head.

"Is she his first love?"

Sebastian stiffened.

"Something like that." He responded. He watched as Lily grabbed her back pack and pulled out a sandwich in a small bag. She offered half of it to Bash. He rejected the food.

"What does she look like?" She questioned as she slowly ate her food.

Sebastian wasn't sure how to respond. He had never seen another person with truly natural platinum blonde hair, not like Evelina's. He wasn't sure if there was a story out in the normal world where Evelina sounded like a someone out of a storybook.

He decided it was no big deal and began to explain to Lily what the girl looked like.

"She's has platinum blonde hair she always leaves in a twisty hair thing, blue eyes, and pale skin." He said and Lily stopped chewing.

"She sounds beautiful."

"She is." Sebastian confirmed.

"Is she nice?"

"Very."

Lily fell silent.

"I can't wait to meet her." She mumbled and began chewing on her sandwich again.

Sebastian thought she was through with her questions. He hoped she would drop everything she had just heard and wouldn't question it.

She didn't.

"How did Peter and Evelina meet?"

Sebastian groaned.

~

About an hour went by and it was getting dark. Sebastian hadn't talked to Lily since she had asked about Pan and Evelina's meeting. He wasn't sure how to answer. The two didn't exactly meet in such a good way.

"Are you not gonna tell me how they met?" Lily asked as she scooted closer to Sebastian's side.

He didn't respond.

Lily huffed and looked up at the skies.

She noticed it was getting dark, and the sun was setting. Lily also realized the temperature was beginning to drop drastically and she shivered.

"Sebastian?" She whined and Bash peeked over at her.

"I'm getting cold." She complained and Bash took a deep breath. He didn't want the girl to freeze to death. So he took her into the small cabin where the heater hummed away.

The boy looked around for a fluffy blanket and handed it to her without a single word said.

Lily smiled as she grabbed the blanket and immediately wrapped herself into it and plopped onto the bed. She crawled under the covers as well and poked her head out. When she saw Sebastian about to leave the cabin, she panicked.

"Wait, no! Don't leave." She cried out and Sebastian turned around with a raised eyebrow.

"The water still scares me... Can you please stay?" She whispered and Bash wanted to smash his head into the wall. He debated whether to stay with Lily or just be an arse and walk out.

He decided to be nice. He nodded before letting out a deep breath.

"Alright I'll stay." He said as he headed over to the chair and grabbed a random book off of the small bookshelf. He settled himself down and expected Lily to lay down and sleep. But she continued to stare at him.

"Sebastian?"

"Yes, Lily?"

"Can you lay with me? I'm still cold."

Sebastian chocked on his own breath but he managed to keep a straight face as he looked up to meet Lily's huge brown eyes, nearly begging him to stay close to her.

"Fine. Scoot over."

Lily happily scooted over and even placed a pillow where Sebastian laid his head. She fluffed it out for him and once Bash sat on his side of the bed, she threw half of her blanket towards him. He accepted it and once he did lay down all the way, Lily instinctively got closer, to where she could feel his body heat radiated off of him.

She said no other word, but stayed close to the boy. Sebastian glanced over at her and realized she had already drifted off to sleep. He continued to read his book.

It felt like only days that they were on the boat. It didn't feel like a lot of tine had passed. It didn't feel like the nights changed so quickly into day and via versa. But in reality it had been a month since they had been on that boat.

And it had been exactly a month since Evelina had decided it was time to leave the small cabin, and find civilization.

*unedited*

New cover, yay!