Rewarded

The three had to run off the stage when Pete rushed them to. Even out of breath, they silently celebrated knowing for a fact that Pete was impressed. Bing Bong caught Sarah into a hug, so thankful that he was crying!

"Oh! I can't thank ya enough! Thank you!" he cheerfully said as candies littered the ground.

"You're welcome, buddy!" Sarah laughed. "Wha... whoa..." she staggered when she stepped on a gumball and then a taffy. "Oh, Bing Bong..."

"Sorry! I cry candy." he replied, embarrassed as he wiped his eyes.

"Serious?" she asked, finding it funny as well.

"G'head, try one..." he choked, sniffling softly.

At that, Sarah picked one up and looked it over.

"Aw, you really cryin'?" Woody asked, genuinely.

"Just that... they never cheered like that before." Bing Bong brought up. "It was always by myself. I gotta thank ya guys...."

Truthfully, she did that for him in hopes that whatever the spell was in this place, Pete would leave him alone for once. She made herself look foolish but it really started to touch her at how much it meant to the candy elephant. Gurri came in and pranced around them.

"That was spectacular, you three! So wonderful!"

Smiling brightly, she gave Sarah a sweet nuzzle on the cheek. She was so happy that their newest and most innocent member got spared from a unnecessary punishment.

"Thank you!"

"Hey... It was just to get Pete happy..."

"To leave him alone.... We couldn't be any more thankful."

Someone was overhearing the conversation, but it wasn't a weasel but a fox, as sharp as a tack, he was. He had boldly entered the tent, knowing that he was trapped for now but he had what he needed. Good information and a spare dagger on his person. With sharp, but warm eyes, he saw the small but rather odd group, made up of a cowboy doll, a human child, deer and an elephant made entirely out of sugar who cried piles of candy in one sitting.

"Leave him alone?" Sarah asked, but she had to stop because Pete was well on his way.

Unwanted, he went to Bing Bong and Sarah and had them both stuck in a very tight hug.

"Now that's what I call showbiz!"

"Sure, just stop breathing on me!" Sarah strained with disgust.

Woody slapped his hand over his face.

"As for you!" he then put his attention on the poor clown of the group. "You get a prize, kid!"

Sarah looked over nervously as did everyone else. Bing Bong instantly looked scared as both he and Sarah were released from the hug. Geno looked threatening, not trusting the big cat at all.

"What prize?" Sarah boldly asked.

"This."

He smirked at her and something came over Bing Bong... and he felt dizzy. Sarah and Gurri ran to him and she noticed some sort of purple light seem to light up the Imaginary's eyes for a split second. She held his soft hand as he seemed to want to lay down.

"Ah!" he yelped and shook his head, feeling weary.

"What did you just do to 'im!?" Woody raged.

"What'd I just do? He's off the hook!"

"Y-you mean?" Gurri's voice shook.

"A promise is a promise! Now keep it up and you will be rewarded fairly! HAH!"

Yeah, bite me... Sarah thought as she glared daggers.

"Dear, are you all right?" Gurri worried over the Imaginary.

"I-I think.... I think I'm okay...."

"I don't trust that guy. Not one bit." Woody said, grudgily.

"What if he did something else to him?" Sarah asked.

"He better not have..." Geno stepped in. "Or I will nail him to the wall. I will, regardless."

Bing Bong was helped up when he felt that he could stand up again. He looked around at them, confused at what happened...but he was scared of it being something else too. Another show was done and basically everything just had to be cleaned up and put away. As far as she was concerned, things seemed to be okay and Pete never came back. As she helped Bing Bong do some things, with the fawns, closing up boxes and all, there was one conversation she was picking up on through the tarp. That Gammy weasel and a few others. She stopped and hid to listen for a moment.

"He was the only one with it."

"The Boss made it harder to find it now, getting that dreamless spell off the thing..." spoke another, but his voice was dying away.

Sarah's stomach seemed to jump and drop. She remembered first talking to Bing Bong and how upset he was explaining how he got here and that he couldn't tell her something. It made more sense now... They pushed Bing Bong out of the way for something, but why? Suddenly, hay rustling spooked her and she turned to look, fearing that she was caught. She saw a pair of eyes glow right her, but she saw him press a finger to his nose saying to her to keep quiet. It wasn't a weasel, but she was soon able to see when he appeared in the light a little. Her eyes widened when she saw an all too familiar fox. Not just any fox.

"...ohmygosh..."

"Hey there, lassie, calm down..." he spoke deeply, a bit gruff on the edges and sharply in an English accent.

"I've done a lot today, okay.... Leave me alone~"

"Don't think I'm one of them.... I have a bad name... it doesn't mean I am truly... bad."

"I kn-know you. I do! You're..."

"Shush it! It's best if I lie low right now. This is isn't technically a safe place for any of us."

"What do you want...?"

"I'm here to help you, lass. I was sent from the Kingdom, to you. All of ye. You hear?"

She frightfully looked out to where she could see her newly made friends and that spell scare was still bothering her. She recognized this fox, who wore just a tunic and shoes, as the classic Robin Hood. Her emotions were going high, because she was starting to love her friends here and she was scared for them and Mickey... who was probably gone by now and for her missing family. It had only been six hours since their capture inside here.

"I-I-I don't want my friends to get hurt."

"They won't, I promise. I meant what I said. I am here to help you, get you out of here."

"...promise...?" she asked, timidly.

Robin crossed his heart in an instant.

"Cross m'heart, hope to die."

She felt panicky.

"I had a very w-w-weird, s-sc-scary day.... So I don't know. I don't know."

"You don't have to, but all I ask is this.... When Pete and the posse are gone and the night is late, are you willing to hold a meeting tonight, with the very friends you have?"

"A-a meeting?"

"Yah, so we can plan a way to get out." Robin added.

To get out of this place? That was a desperate need in order to go and figure out what is really going on. Why they were here and why all the forced performing. She was too scared and wasn't sure at all if she should trust this fox.

"Just give me this chance. Just tell them you're planning a way to get out, behind the Buck's cage. I know why you're all held in here."

"O-okay, okay... but if you're lying. If you are lying..."

"I am not. I promise you."