Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)

Start from the beginning

"Good morning ".
He replied her averting his gaze somewhere else. He has noticed how he seem to train his eyes on her much lately and he didn't like it,so he's doing everything in his power to lower his gaze.

They stood there for some seconds  in silence without any of them speaking or looking at the other. The tension building up and becoming thick.

"Do you want me to hand your schedule?.. Not that there's any important meeting today".
She finally gathered the courage to speak.

"Yeah sure,bring it to my office please".

He answered making his way tohis office without looking back at her.

She kept her coffee on the table and took out his schedule and his coffee too. Yes,she got him coffee today,he didn't ask of it and it's not her routine bringing up coffee to him,but she entered the kitchen to make herself some coffee to help with her sleepiness and she instantly thought of him.
She gently pushed the door and entered into his office where she found him typing something in his computer. Raising his head to see who's at the door,he locked eyes with her,he quickly took his eyes off her and focused on the keyboard muttering some 'Astaghfirullah' seeking forgiveness from Allah. She calmly walked to his table and gently placed the coffee and his schedule on it.
"I thought you'd love some coffee".

"Thank you". He said to her with a small appreciative smile nodding at her in gratitude.

He was surprised at how she even thought of getting him coffee that morning.

She nodded at him and turned to leave for her office.

He took a sip of the coffee and was just perfect to him,just how he loves his coffee. Black and sugar free.

Amal went back to her office and set out to go to the theatre to make some final arrangements and ensure that the sitting arrangements are in order and all the ushers are present.
That was how they all worked for the whole day in anticipation of the event coming up later in the day.

*************************
"Maami which of these scarves do you think fits with my polka dots dress?".

Amal came out of the room with two scarves in her hand.

"I think the plane pink since your dress is printed,you don't need anything with so much prints as a scarf ". Her mother answered.

"Woah.. that's some great fashion tip Maami, way to go". Amal squealed at her mom running back into the room to finish getting ready.
She was dressed in a pink and black polka dots long flowy dress with white dots, she wrapped her head in a plane pink scarf as her mother suggested. Her make up was minimal and she wrapped up the look with a pair of black wedges and a black clutch. Even though she was still tired from the whole week's activities, she still couldn't afford to miss that night's event considering how they've worked on it.

"Now that's a great look Ma shaa Allah." Her mom said smiling happily at her.

"Thanks Maami ".
Amal gushed feeling happy too.

Just then,Amal's lit up indicating a message. She checked the message to see that it's the driver assigned for her from the office that came to fetch her.

"That's my ride Maami,time to go. I really wish you could come with me,it would've been fun". She pouted.

"Go Amal,i wish I'm healthy enough to go with you too, it's risky leaving you all by yourself for the night. Luckily it's the office car that came for you. Be safe in Allah's will ".

She felt a little emotional at her mom's short speech. She gave her a side hug and headed out.

At their home,Zain was already dressed in a black flair dress embroidered with lace on it's sleeves,the dress was loose but still it looked perfect on her slender figure,she decided to wear a low heeled silver sandals and  put her phone and house keys in her moschino clutch bag. She was pinning her scarf in place in front of the dresser when Malik  showed up  into the room. He was dressed in a black tuxedo,he wasn't wearing a tie this time which made him look casual and classy at the same time. He complimented his looks with a pair of nude Calvin Klein loafers.
"We're all black on black princess".

He murmured encircling her in his arms.

"Just look at us... you're so cute".
Zain grinned at him.

"Shall we,your majesty"..  Malik said with a bow holding her hand in his as he led their way out of the house.

The venue was already flooded with people,so Malik parked a little far from the actual parking lot to ease their way out when they are leaving for home. They walked hand in hand into the venue. 

She was busy ushering guests into the main theatre when she spotted them coming through. They were casually talking with their hands in each other's hand with smiles plastered on their faces. She suddenly felt her throat clogging as if she had been choked by some insoluble substance, she had no explanation why she felt such by the mere sight of Malik and his wife. The approached the entry and she managed to fake a smile which was hard for her considering how disoriented her mind had become.

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Ahmad,i will show you to your table".
She said with a forced smile.
Malik gave her a stern nod signalling for her to carry on,but Zain gave her a warm smile and she suddenly felt heart warmed by her smile. She showed them to their table and left them to settle. Indeed Malik has a great taste in women because his wife is just synonymous with the word  'perfect'. She suddenly felt her self esteem lower,she felt self conscious and felt she'd rather be anywhere but there. She looked at them from the side of her eye and saw the couple happily engrossed in a conversation.  They make a beautiful couple,she thought to herself trying to curb away the jealousy that's unfolding deep inside her. It's just stupid how she can be jealous of someone who doesn't have feelings for her,but what if she has feelings for that person,what if she has feelings for Malik?? What if she has silently fallen for him? "I am a mess,and definately on my own. Of all the men in the world,my boss... A married man. Oh Amal you're so on your own. It's going to be a long night".

She put on a smiling face and focused on her work,but deep down she knew she got alot on her plate,but now is not the time. However,sooner or later, she'll come to face her greatest fear,that she has indeed fallen in love with Malik of which she couldn't tell why or how.

*****************
Salam #TLIMMsquad... what's up with y'all?  Hope we good and i hope you've  enjoyed the chapter. Did y'all see Amal my girl... darn she in trouble already inniittt.... hehhe. Please show your girl some love and vote,share and comment as you read every chapter, every line,every sentence and every word. I deeply appreciate it. See y'all in the next chapter. Stay beautiful ❤💕.

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM

P:S
The media attached is how i picture #Zainmalik at the event. Sorry i can't find a perfect photo for Amal's dress. 🙏