Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)

Start from the beginning

"Salam guys how's everything with the equipments? "
He shook hands with Faisal and his co workers.

"It's doing fine,Alhamdulillah sir. Just that we need more extentsion wires. Faisal responded.

"I will have them delivered to you Mr Faisal". Malik said as he turned to check on the other people.

She tried to her best ability to keep her eyes off him but it's becoming difficult. She was so glad that he didn't stop at her place when he entered the theatre first. She raised her head to see where he is now and locked eyes with the familiar pairs of dark brown eyes she has been avoiding. With the increasing speed in her heart,she quickly looked the other way and managed to get it together and act all engrossed in pinning the baloons she was working on.

He cleared his throat and spoke.

"So how's work going on over here?".

"It's going smoothly,no problems at all".
She responded with her eyes fixed on the pin and balloon in her hand.

He has noticed how tensed she has become by his presence, he felt a little off by that,for some reason,he wanted her to speak to him like he saw her talking with Faisal freely. Not that he's in a competition with him or anything close to that.

"If there's anything you need,you let me know. You can call or text me,i will be in my office". He spoke for the last time before turning to head back to his office.

"Sure thank you sir".
She muttered still focused on what she's working on.

She finally felt relieved after he has left, with a sigh she thought to herself that whatever it is she's feeling for Malik,she's really falling for the wrong person and it's hard to keep it all together because those feelings increase with every passing day.

****************************
" Hayati,remember to be ready as soon as you get back from office,i will come and fetch you because i need my wife by my side at this event today".

Zain chuckled at how he had been reminding her to be ready for the fundraiser event at their office today.

"I'm hearing this for the umpteenth time now,habibi you're behaving like a high school boy who just asked his crush to be his date for prom".

He glared at her pretending to be hurt as he approached her fixing the sleeves of his button up shirt.

"Is it a bad thing if i ask my wife to be my date? " . He asked cocking his eyebrow at her as he drew her closer to him.
"Besides i need some distraction from that boring event".
He added kissing her temples.

"It's a date hun,you'll find me all dressed up like a princess waiting on her Prince charming".
She answered leaning into him inhaling his cologne. Oh how she loves everything about Malik.

"You are my princess babe" .
He murmured in her ear making her grin at him. She helped him to finish dressing up and waved him off to office after which she freshen up and left for office too.

He passed by her office but couldn't see her there, though the door was left a little ajar meaning she's not gone far or she will be coming back to the office soon.

Just as he turned to get into his office he saw her approaching with two plastic cups in her hand,his heart was smiling but he refused to let his face reveal  was in his heart. He maintained the usual neutral facade he always has on.

"Good morning sir".
She managed to utter,seeing him standing by her office gave her mixed feelings. First her heart felt happy by seeing him alone but second,her mind feels disoriented because of what her heart felt.