"Thanks man" I said on reaching. "Anytime" he grinned. Then remembering the expression on Dan's face on exiting the medical room, I asked Theo, "Did you say anything to Dan?"
"No we were just talking"
"You sure?"
"Yeah, why would I ever say anything? After all, I'm such a sweetheart" he laughed. "Okay" I smiled "I believe you"
x-x

I liked the attention I was receiving, but the constant thoughts of not being able to attend the dance, troubled me. I had my glasses on, then why hadn't I seen the bats placed on the ground. I had been to the doctor's and she had said that what I had was a sprain. It would take shorter time than serious ligament damage to heal but I still couldn't make it till the dance.

The pain had receded by Friday and I could walk with a visible limp. Dan had come to visit with Matt. "You look dull" Matt told me. "I know" I responded gloomily. Liz brought some snacks for all of us and we sat and talked. "Your plaster is off which is a big achievement" said Dan who was trying to lift my spirits. "Let's just hope that everything becomes fine by Sunday" I said with my fingers crossed in front of me.
x-x

Sunday did come, a bright day if I must say, with the winter chill and the sun overhead. And the best part, I could walk well enough! "Must be your will power" commented a grinning Mel who was happy that I would be able to make it. Mom was still worried but I explained everything to which she agreed, but half heartedly.

"Honey I know how it would feel to miss the first prom ever" she had said. "It's not a prom, it's just a dance" I had corrected her for the third time during our conversation. "Same thing" my dad spoke over the speaker. He was the one who had convinced my mom that it was fine to dance with a half healed injury, and so there I was, getting all ready to have the time of my life.

I had even called Dan and informed him of my decision. "Will you be able to walk?" was the first thing he asked but I could make out the happiness in his voice. "Not walk, I can dance!" I said excitedly and told him that he could arrive by 6:00 in the evening.

Liz and Kam helped me with my hair and light make-up. My hair was put up in a bun with light curled strands falling on the sides of my face. As for the make up, it was just a tad bit of compact powder which I was forced to put by them. The lip gloss and eyeliner were the key elements on my face with some highlights here and there. I had to agree, it looked marvellous.

As for the gown I wore, it was golden. The top part shimmered with golden sequins and embroidery. There was a region of net on the waist and lace on the back. The golden drape of the gown reached all the way down to my feet. That dress was a work of splendid creativity.

"You look gorgeous" Liz said looking at me from head to toe. "Thanks to me" she laughed. "Hey! No fair, I am pretty alright" I fake pouted and then smiled and thanked them for helping me out. Don't know what I would have done without them.

I had just finished wearing accessories when the doorbell rang, making my stomach go in knots. I was nervous to meet Dan, it was a different feeling. Nervous as though I was going to give a speech in front of a huge audience. "Open the door!" Lisa screamed from within the washroom. "Yeah I'm going" I said and rushed downstairs, being careful not to catch my foot in the skirt and fall.

I stood in front of the door and looked at the mirror on the adjacent wall. When did I become so conscious of my looks? Moving my hands over the gown, I straightened out the fabric for the hundredth time. I never had thought that opening the door would be so hard. Leaning forward, I unlocked the door and opened it.

The cool rush of wind brought a mild scent of perfume. Dan stood on the doorstep with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Good evening" he greeted, but my voice was caught back somewhere in my throat. He didn't look cute, no. He looked hot. Breathtakingly handsome in a tuxedo. He always had the looks factor on his side, but something about that evening brought distinct feels.