Chapter 10 || Mend Your Mind Pt.1

10
________________________

2017- February 7th

Tony took a sip of some dark coffee, straightening his jacket, before placing his hands in his pockets. He looked before his Avengers, then waiting for his "extremely important" announcement, so Bucky grew impatient.

"Why are we here?" The soldier asked in a grouchy tone.

"Your voice sounds so full of happiness. Thank you, Barnes," Tony sneered.

"Had a rough night," Bucky grumbled.

"What he meant to ask is, "what are we doing here, Tony?'" Steve asked in a far more polite tone.

"And thanks to you, my patriotic friend. Well, I've gathered you folks here because I'm planning something. Something big and bold."

"Wow, you're really changing, Tony," Natasha remarked.

"Thank you for noticing, Nat. This big and bold plan-"

"Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark, sorry I'm late. I-I just woke and I got your text about the meeting-"

"Sit down, Peter."

Peter rushed over to the couch and wedged himself between Jane and Wanda. He blushed slightly and stared at them. "Hi-hi Jane. You look really pretty today, uh...so-so-so do you, Wanda," he nervously murmured.

   "Can you not hit on my girl, Spider-Boy?" Sam quipped, wrapping a firm arm around Jane's shoulders. 

"Someone shoot me," Jane whispered under her breath.

"Peter, are you done flirting with the girls, 'cause I gotta announce something big and bold."

"Right. Right, sorry, Mr. Stark."

"As I was saying, I'd like to make it official that the Avengers are back. And by doing that, I'd like to do it in a rather casual fashion, yet open for press. What I'm proposing is that we have a social gathering beforehand, a nice dinner, some dancing, a little wine and music...then we open for press. Are we back in the spotlight for good reasons?"

"Is this social gathering open to just anyone?" Steve asked.

"Well, yes, essentially, but they do have to pay a little mo-nae. That way, we can show the world we're ready and we're not some vigilantes, we're the Avengers, yet we are human. We show a little humanity in this. They'll be security of course, but...I think it'd be a nice turnout. It's the patented Avengers Gala."

   "Will there be good food?" Jane asked with a silly wink.

   "As always, Carrot," Tony smirked, "And some fine beverages.  Peter, you're not allowed to drink those."

   "Only a few more years, Mr. Stark!"

   "Alright, let's get this show on the road.  As of right now, men and boy, I have a team dropping off tuxedoes, and for the ladies I've assigned a fashion stylist that can help you find the right dress."

   "What if we don't like the suit?" Sam asked.

   "Too bad, Sammy.  Mazel tov, ladies!