Chapter 7 || The Bomb

7
________________________

2017- January 19th

   Feeling the strikingly cold touch from Bucky's metal hand, pushing her hair back, Wanda stirred.  Her brows furrowed and she groaned slightly.  The soldier awaited for her to open those beautiful eyes, just to see them again and stare into them.  With a stroke on her cheekbone, her eyes finally opened and she took in sight of his intense blue eyes.  His face was so close, she could see his every hair in his stubble, his subtle freckles dotted underneath his eyes.  She smiled sheepishly, her cheeks turning scarlet. 

   "You stayed," she noticed.

   "Of course I did.  I care for you, Wanda," he admitted, cupping her cheek as he started to lean in. 

   She glanced down, his soft lips coming towards her.  It was so slow, so agonizing.  She just wanted the space between them to cease to exist.  Their lips were so close until they were startled by knocking on the door.  "Breakfast!" Jane yelled from the other side. "Oh Wandisimo...there's pancakes! I know they're your favorite."

   "Shit," Bucky muttered.  "Where am I gonna go?"

   "Don't worry.  I'll handle this," she insisted, rubbing her eyes until the door swung open.  "Jane!"

   "Whoa...um...did I interrupt something?" Jane asked, a sly grin creeping on her face. 

   "What?  No!  No, oh my God, no!  That's just gross!" Wanda denied terribly.  She was a terrible liar.  Although Bucky still looked offended and hurt.

   Jane crossed her arms and waited for a more truthful answer.  "Jane, Wanda had a nightmare last night, remember?  She needed someone, so I stayed with her," Bucky explained and yet, that was the truth. 

   "Oh...right, yeah.  Well, again, there's pancakes!"

   Bucky ran a nervous hand through his hair, then scratching his stubble.  He pushed himself off the bed and quickly exited Wanda's room.  Jane glared suspiciously at her friend.  "What?"

   "Don't be stupid, Maximoff."

   "Excuse me?"

   "Okay, something obviously happened.  Someone got lucky last night, and by someone I mean you," Jane said, walking towards her and sat down next to her on the bed. 

   "Nothing happened," she insisted, her cheeks turning bright red.

   "Sure...I mean the guy you have a crush on decided to sleep in your freaking bed with you and you're telling me nothing happened.  I don't like lies, Scarles."

   "But, it's the truth."

   "Not even one thing?"

   "No, besides I...I'm not in love anymore," she lied.

   "Really?" Jane asked, rolling her eyes. 

   "I'm not!  Can we just eat some pancakes now?"

   "Okay, fine.  I believe you.  I believe you," Jane lied, just trying to please her.  "And don't hog the syrup like you always do."