War at first sight.

Start from the beginning

"I better get to the training grounds before Luke kills someone." I half joke.

"Do you need any help getting there?"

I put my leg on the ground to test if I could walk.

"It hurts a little but I'll manage." I say.

"Okay, be back by dinner, and don't let Luke hurt anyone."

"I won't." I say, limping after the boys.

I got to the training grounds and saw the boys in partners, where they were practicing blocking attacks. I see Luke without a partner and I knew this was going to be fun.

"Looks like you need a partner." I say walking up to him.

"Yeah. Hey sorry for earlier." He lied. If Luke hurts anyone and says sorry, you know he's faking. Luke always takes pride in what he accomplishes.

"It's nothing." I lie, not telling him about my broken leg.

"So, can you be my partner?"

"Sure, I'll go easy on you." I joke.

"Very funny Luna." We grabbed two sticks and start fighting, trying my best to hide my pain. We were using sticks because the boys have never wield a sword and we still need to teach them how.

The minutes pass and Luke got better at blocking. I asked how he could hear Peter's flute and he said that his parents were divorced and kept yelling at each other. They never paid attention to him anymore. He went to bed one night and he heard a song.

He sneaks out to find the source and found Peter. That's how he got her. I felt bad for him, but never showed it. I remembered how he had killed my brother and wasn't sorry for it. We kept fighting and my leg got worse.

I winced every time I put pressure on it, but I pressed on. We kept fighting. It had probably been at least an hour of non stop fighting.

"Impressive." We all turn our heads to see Peter against a tree with his arms crossed over his chest.

"But wouldn't it be better if you two used real swords?" He said, pushing himself off the tree.

"I-I've never used a real sword." Luke stumbled.

"You used one when you attacked Jack." He spoke, coming up to us.

"Yeah, but I didn't know what I was doing."

"You looked like you knew what you were doing back there, show us what you can do." Peter says gesturing to me. Peter tossed a sword to Luke who caught it. I got into a fighting stance and he got into a defense stance. A few moments later, our swords collided and we were fighting.

Luke swung at me and I blocked him. I knew his next 5 moves, that boy is so predictable. He comes at me again. I twirl and hold my sword to Luke's throat, who was backed up to the tree that Peter was leaning on.

I throw my sword and it hits the tree right above his head. He looks at it and wimpers at it. I fly to the tree and grab my sword. I push it off the tree and fly back to my spot.

The boys cheer as I bow. I wasn't paying attention when Luke grabbed my sword from behind me, and scrapped my cheek. I kneel down and drag my fingers across the wound. I saw blood and looked up at Luke, who looked at the sword with blood on the edge, then at me with horror on his face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Luna!" Luke says. And for once, he actually meant it. I think he was just worried about Jack finding out and freezing him.

"Luke, don't you know the best part about being a Lost Boy? We never apologize." Peter tells the boy.