3 Things

In life, you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you. But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why it's worth it.

-Unknown

Dr. Savannah Young entered Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital a massive grin across her face. The Boston native had left her job at the prestigious Massachusetts General Hospital. The minute she had been offered the job in Seattle she had planned her cross country move. A fresh start in a new state was in the cards for surgeon. For some it would be hard to make such a big change, for Savannah it was a necessary evil; it was time to pick up her life and turn it around. What's left of my life.

"You must be Dr. Young," a red headed man greeted her.

"That's me," she stuck out her hand to greet the man, "Please call me Savannah."

"Owen Hunt, chief of trauma surgery," he happily shook the hand of his new attending. "I've heard about your work Dr. Young. You're a brilliant surgeon working at one of the best hospitals in the country."

"Thank you sir," she smiled.

Owen smiled back, "If you don't mind me asking, why leave?"

There are three things I do when my life falls apart
Number one I cry my eyes out and I dry up my heart
Not until I do this will my new life start
So that's the first thing that I do when my life falls apart

The smile quickly faded from the surgeons face, "Just time for a change," was her brisk answer.

Oh the second thing I would do is I close both of my eyes
And say my thank-yous to each and every moment of my life
I go where I know the love is and let it fill me up inside
Gathering new strength from sorrow,
I'm glad to be alive

This isn't Boston Savannah. Things will be different here. Savannah tried to reassure herself. This was the right choice.

Savannah quickly learned that like Mass General, Seattle Grace was a faced paced hospital. Nearly every OR was booked for the entire day with hospital staff running around throughout the hospital. Many surgeons thrived on fast paced; Savannah was one of them.

"Hi are you the new trauma surgeon?" a female voice questioned. A red headed woman who looked to be around Savannah's age was the source.

"Boy there's no such thing as secrets in this place is there?" laughed Savannah.

April shook her head, "I may have bugged Dr. Hunt until he told me where you were. I'm sorry is that creepy," she rambled, "I'm just excited to have another female trauma surgeon here. I mean Dr. Hunt is great but having another girl here is," she stopped, "I'm rambling aren't I?"

"Yes," grinned Savannah, "But its fine. I know what you mean. It's like a sisterhood."

And things are looking up
I know above the clouds the sun is shining
Things are looking up
Love is still the answer I'm relying, oh right
Three little things
Things are looking up

"What made you leave Mass Gen? I mean it's great here, but hello Harper Avery."

Savannah quickly shot down the dark thoughts going through her mind; she would never tell the real reason she left; her rehearsed answer was all anyone was going to get. "It was time for a change," she politely excused herself from the conversation.

Oh, the third thing that I do now when my world caves in,
Is I pause, I take a breath, and bow and I let that chapter end
I design my future bright not by where my life has been
And I try, try, try, try, try again
Yes I try, try, try, try, try again

It was the end of longs shift for Savannah; she had been introduced to most of the staff and been able to perform her first surgery at her new workplace. That night she found herself at Emerald City Bar which she had quickly learned is referred to as Joe's and is the hotspot for doctors. She had been focused on her beer that she hardly noticed a man took the empty seat next to her; he noticed her.

"What's a beautiful woman like you doing drinking all alone?" the raspy voiced stranger questioned.

She turned to laugh when she caught herself immersed in his piercing blue eyes. Eyes that any woman could easily get lost in. His sandy hair and good looks told her he probably didn't have any problem with woman.

Things are looking up
I know beyond the dark the sun is rising

"Does that line actually work," she smiled.

The brooding stranger smirked, "My charming personality and devilish good looks do the trick."

Just then her pager went off.

"You a doctor?"

"Savannah Young, Seattle Grace's new trauma surgeon," she extended her hand.

Another smirk spread across his face, "Mark Sloan. Head of Plastics. Seattle Grace."

Things are looking up
And I know above the clouds the sun is shining
Things are looking up
Love is still the answer I'm relying, oh right
Three little things
Three little things

"I guess I'll be seeing you around," smiled Savannah before she exited the bar.

"Some souls just understand each other upon meeting."

-N.R. Hart

Song is 3 Things by Jason Mraz